Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Tears Tears and more Tears

WithoutHer

• Members
13 minutes ago, WithoutHer said:

I can talk about it but not without tears. I can't talk even about our good times without them

Tears are a part of our grief and a form of venting. It's healthy in the sense that we are expressing our true feelings and not bottling them up inside of us, which is unhealthy. I'm in my 7th month and don't cry as much as I did in the beginning. The feelings are still there. I'm just expressing them a little differently. BUT THAT'S ME......................

Try not to be self-conscious about crying. We all do I more than we care to admit it. It's normal..................

• Like 3

• Members

@maudThat's good description of how it feels. For now to ease that panic feeling I go to bed and try to sleep it off. That's how I tread water.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

@WithoutHerThat is my absolute favorite time of day nowadays...going to bed early, reading until my eyes are tired and sleeping a good sleep. I also have 2 dogs and I feel the same way...thank God I have them, they have been my only comfort.

• Hugs 2

• Members

@maudI'll go bed any hour of the day as I am now. When I do the dog and both cats go with me and are with me now. I can tell they had their grieving also. For the first few weeks they would spend time in Vickie's chair. You could tell they were wondering where their mom was.

• Hugs 2

• Moderators

When my friend Iris lost her husband Mike Feb. 4th, their dog Jazzy would lay under his desk...it was so sad to see her grieving, she still is but it's not as hard hitting now as it was at first.  My dog Kodie was amazing with her, persisting to engage her, sometimes it'd work, sometimes not, but he never gave up trying, and would just "hang out" when that's all she wanted.  We can learn so much from our animals.  Plus they're amazing comforts.

• Hugs 1

• Members

My husband's work required him to travel quite a bit. A few times he was stationed in another city and would not be home for several months at a time. Our dog got used to his being absent for long stretches and his eventual return. 

When John died, our dog looked for dad's return everyday.  One evening about 4 months later, our son came home (driving dad's car).  This son is the same size and shape as my husband.  The dog was so excited to see dad pull into the drive. The dog was wiggling inside out with happiness. I opened the door for the dog to go out and he bounded towards the figure. When he got about 10 feet away, he realized his mistake and he just collapsed in the yard. I know he was broken hearted.  My son felt so bad for him. Me too. 

Two months later we moved out of the only house that dog had ever lived in.  He knew dad was never coming home. 

He was a great comfort to me for several more years. 

Gail

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

@Gator M Please be patient with the cat. Believe it or not she is missing her mom as much as you are. You are the only comfort she knows now. I have one cat who slept on Vickie's legs every time after spending some time intentionally irritating her. When Vickie passed she slept in her chair and you could tell she would look for her in places she would usually be. Now she sleeps with me and unlike the other critters which just pick a spot she is curled up against me side or laying her head across my legs. Be tolerant if you can. Her world had a change she doesn't understand.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Our cat could sleep in my lap for hours (day or night). I finally had to get a heavy small blanket to throw over my legs, or else I'd feel like my legs were getting ACCUPUNCTURED!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

@RichS Rich you just weren't soft enough.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

The animals we had when George died have long since been gone...Tigger ran away after seeing George wasn't coming home.  Never saw him again.  King George died a year after my George did.  Lucky went through grief and died three years after my George did.  Poor little girl (dog).  It's so hard on them.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Kay:   Lately I've been wondering why God didn't give most animals the same lifespan as humans. Another mystery of life, unsolved......................

• Like 2

• Members
I miss you so much

7 months for me. My daily routine starts each day when I finish sleeping and awake in this nonsense, this nightmare and there are tears.

Then, when I get the force to wake up, the day passes, so long days, so many hours...It didn't feel like that before, the days passed so quickly.

I start feeling as he has been a dream, not real. And at the same time, he isn't in my dreams.

So many doubts, so many regrets...and I'll never get the answers. How could I be so stupid, so vain, believing that in future things would be better for us, and we didn't live our present, full of problems, just talking about how wonderful our future will be, and our present is no more than a past, or a dream, now. Tears.

Tears in the middle of the street, I don't care, because I'll never hear his voice again, I could never take him in my arms again, or caress his hair so smooth. I'll never feel again the touch of his hand in my hand.

Immortality of souls? This has made me discover how materialistic I am , my big attachment to the EGO, wanting to be just who I am, this weak body with mind and human emotions, not an immortal and fulfilled soul, I just want to be me, and I just want him to be him, not another immortal and fulfilled soul. I want him with his fears, his doubts, his moments of anger, his tender sense of humour, his curiosity for learning, his sweet heart.

And all of this is gone, just the pain is left. And tears.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators
23 hours ago, RichS said:

Kay:   Lately I've been wondering why God didn't give most animals the same lifespan as humans. Another mystery of life, unsolved......................

Maybe because it'd leave too many of them uncared for?  Still, I wish it could be longer than it is.

18 hours ago, I miss you so much said:

7 months for me.

One of the hardest times on our journey...you will get through this even as we all do, but my heart goes out to you, for everything you wrote in your post...:wub2:

Six Month Mark
Separate post: Six Month Mark

• Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 3/15/2023 at 5:09 PM, I miss you so much said:

Tears in the middle of the street, I don't care, because I'll never hear his voice again, I could never take him in my arms again, or caress his hair so smooth. I'll never feel again the touch of his hand in my hand.

Immortality of souls? This has made me discover how materialistic I am , my big attachment to the EGO, wanting to be just who I am, this weak body with mind and human emotions, not an immortal and fulfilled soul, I just want to be me, and I just want him to be him, not another immortal and fulfilled soul. I want him with his fears, his doubts, his moments of anger, his tender sense of humour, his curiosity for learning, his sweet heart.

And all of this is gone, just the pain is left. And tears.

Beautifully put. This is how I feel. The idea of an immortal spirit is only a slight consolation. I want to touch him and hold his hand the way I have for 47 years!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1