Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my best friend

kylee

• Members

Hi, I recently lost my best friend about a month ago. Her death is labeled as unknown. She always struggled growing up, she was one of the strongest people I have ever met. She could make any situation seem like it was just going to be okay. It’s just so hard for me to understand why one of the only good things in my life had to be taken away from me. She was struggling, and I tried my best to give her space and remind her every day that I loved her and I was there for her always, just like she always was for me. She saved me, and I wasn’t able to do the same. And now I see everyone else with their best friends and I just wonder why it had to be her. Everyone else gets to keep their best friend, the one person who knows them better than anything. They get to have eachother. And I can’t even begin to let go, and as time goes on it only gets harder. 

• Moderators

I'm so sorry, and sorry I didn't see this sooner. I hope that family and friends and memories of better times will help to comfort you in such dark times.