Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

missing mom

debbie8800

• Members

Today is New Year's Eve and i had kind of a rough day, things didn't go as planned and I thought of my mother and how much i want to see her and be with her. Next week I have to get to her burial crypt which is in a mausoleum instead of in the ground. Mom you were my best friend and its so hard without her.

Some days are ok and others are not. Before she died I was going to take her to florida so i think I may go for a week anyway, will see. I think I need to change my envirnement permanently because I am not content with the ways things are.

I wish everyone a blessed and Happy New Year and mom may you rip. You are missed by many.

• Members

Today is New Year's Eve and i had kind of a rough day, things didn't go as planned and I thought of my mother and how much i want to see her and be with her. Next week I have to get to her burial crypt which is in a mausoleum instead of in the ground. Mom you were my best friend and its so hard without her.

Some days are ok and others are not. Before she died I was going to take her to florida so i think I may go for a week anyway, will see. I think I need to change my envirnement permanently because I am not content with the ways things are.

I wish everyone a blessed and Happy New Year and mom may you rip. You are missed by many.

Hey Debbie, Thanks for your good wishes. I'm sorry that you had a rough day. The first year of all special celebrations is so very hard. A year of firsts...if you will. I am here with my husband and a few friends watching a hockey game. Our home team is winning and so we are on a high! Yes! Can't leave our dog for any long periods of time. She needs insulin shots and I am about to give her another.

How are you enjoying your new car? I read in an earlier post that you had purchased a new vehicle. Sounds great! How are you liking your new living arrangements? I gather you have moved again.

Well, just wanted to say I am thinking of you and sorry you are feeling so blue about your Mom. It sounds as if you were very close and I can understand perfectly that her loss has left a huge gap in your life.

I wish you a peaceful and happier New Year. Take care.:)

Kate

• Members

Debbie new years day was the most difficult day since my momma past away. Now.that I.am laid off I.try really hard to get up out of bed everyday if only to take a shower or get dressed. Its very hard for me to have any desire to do anything when all I want is for my mom to come home. To see her beautiful face again.to feel her hand in.mine if only.for a minute.

• Members

Hi Debbie,

I'm sorry you are feeling so blue. I wish there was something we could do to make you feel better. I do think is a good idea for you to take a vacation or move to a new environment like you mentioned. A fresh start may be the best thing to do right now, however, don't think that it won't bring new headaches either. Reader's Digest says that "even a positive move is a wrenching, emotionally stressful experience". So please be prepared for that road ahead too.

Pay attention to yourself Debbie, to your need for rest, exercise or proper nutrition. Talk about your feelings in specific too, your apprehensions and concerns, this may be a good place to start, but you can always reconnect with friends or family. Maybe before you move, make one last visit to your favorite places and just say goodbye to them.

In time your tears will dry and you will be left with adjusting to your new environment. I hope this becomes a recovery move for you.

Best Regards,

Ada

Archived