Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Anyone surprised by how hard they're hit?

a.erin

• Members

My grandma passed away last summer and to this day I'm shocked by how I'm reacting to it. I've written in other posts about factors that I know are complicating things and making it harder than expected to cope with this grief, but I didn't anticipate it being this intense and I feel so incredibly fragile. I've been having sobbing fits on a daily basis for months now, which I never experienced when losing loved ones in the past. Has anyone else dealt with losing someone and being shocked by how extreme the pain was? I guess I just really didn't realize how much she meant to me until she was gone (Cliche, but true.).

• Members
Sheila With Love

I can feel your pain, and it's ok that you're still grieving for her, still missing her as there is no timetable for how long it takes for us to heal, to get through the grieving process!  It's better to cry than to keep it in as crying is really part of the healing part of grief.

Don't be hard on yourself!  Hold onto the memories of the special times you spent with your grandma!  I hope the other factors have lessened so that you may find a bit of peace as you move forward!

Please accept caring and hugs from me!!!

• Members
9 hours ago, Sheila With Love said:

Please accept caring and hugs from me!!!

Thank you, @Sheila With Love. I appreciate your kind words and support so so much ❤️ I'm trying to be gentle with myself as much as I can.