Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Having a hard time dealing with loss of my mom

Thelma

• Members

I'm in my 60's and I just lost my mom last month.  She was in her 90's and I feel lost without her.  She was my rock ever since I lost my husband a few years ago.  She was there for all the important events in my life, and now I don't know how to go on without her.  I'm the oldest of 3 children, and we are all grieving in our own way. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

I’m so sorry ! I lost my mom suddenly last week ! She was 70! I am 44! She went In  For a routine surgery and passes away from complications ! I know exactly how you feel ! I try to remind myself the amazing life my mother had and that she’s still with me and the family but it’s so hard 

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss.  You didn't even have time to prepare for her passing.  It is indeed hard.  I'm 68 years old, and I still cry like a baby.  May God bless you as you go through this period of bereavement.

• Members

Losing your mother has to be one of the hardest things in life. I'm so sorry, to each of you. My mom died just before the pandemic and while that was three and a half years ago, it's still very painful. 

The grief rents a space in your brain that you can't evict - weird metaphor, but it's one of those things that's not easy to get rid of. So I strive for living with it, learning to 'get along' with my grief so I'm able to tolerate it and function somewhat normally. We'll never be the same people we were before our moms died.  How can we be? But we can choose to try to move forward if not for our sake, then for theirs. 

No mother wants their child have grief consume them... it would really upset my mom to know how hard I've struggled with her death. But the early stages of grief are unavoidable and even necessary. 

It's early days yet in your journey, so remember to take care and nurture yourselves. Take that day off work. Get your toenails done and don't feel guilty for living. Let yourself feel the pain when it comes - cry and scream if you need to.  You'll feel drained but eventually there is release.  

Bless you all, you're in my heart.

Traz

• Members

I am so sorry! I lost my mom too on September 11, completely unexpectedly ... My mom was my whole life, the best part of my soul. I feel completely naked and insecure without her. I know exactly the feelings and the thoughts that go through your head.... 😥  I came here hoping to find some comfort myself because no one around me understands what I am going through ...

• Members
Indeana Degraff

I just lost my best friend - my mom.  I cannot even begin to describe the pain.  A hole in my stomach a hole in my heart a hole in my brain.  Sums it up.  Just doing mundane things seem stupid and useless.  I am working as I need to make money but all I want to do is run away to somewhere I won't hurt anymore.

• Members

Losing your mother at any age is devastating, mine passed away four months ago, and the pain and emptiness are hard to describe.

• Members
Indeana Degraff

I hope that time will heal the wrenching pain of the loss.  The sadness is hard to bear.  I lost a spouse a few years ago too, and the pain does lessen but it will hit you at odd times.  I hope I can cope..but one has to.  I don't have any close friends or children so no one to distract me in wallowing in grief.  Fortunately I do have siblings that even though they didn't have the same relationship with mom, they were very close to her too.

• Hugs 1