Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

coping

beckymaldonado

• Members
beckymaldonado

you never know when something as horrific as death of a child is going to happen you have a child you freak at the littlest things with your first child then 4 yrs later you get pregnant again and you think that its goin to be so great your only child will have a little sister in our case and things couldnt be greater and you wait in excitement for the due date and then the rug gets pulled out from under you and your heart and life just gets ripped into tiny pieces that's when you realize good things don't always happen to good people horrible things happen to good people too i lost my baby girl to stillbirth 2 weeks ago and its been really hard trying to be strong in front of people i love husband and 4yr old son during the day and at night i break down and cry until i cant breath everyone is afraid to talk and so am i and then i feel bad that i cant talk about her without crying i have so many new babies in my family and i can't even pull myself together to see them because i get so upset that those women got to see their babies got to bring them home get to nurse them everything i was supposed to do with my daughter and never will get the chance too and then i feel worse for wishing it was them instead of me that this happened to and no one should ever wish loosing a child on anyone i know its part of the grieving process but i knew to this so i don't understand what.. i don't know how do you cope with life and look forward to the future when it doesn't seem fair to celebrate holidays when shes not here to enjoy them too i just really need to talk it helps to talk to people that have been threw this

• Members

you never know when something as horrific as death of a child is going to happen you have a child you freak at the littlest things with your first child then 4 yrs later you get pregnant again and you think that its goin to be so great your only child will have a little sister in our case and things couldnt be greater and you wait in excitement for the due date and then the rug gets pulled out from under you and your heart and life just gets ripped into tiny pieces that's when you realize good things don't always happen to good people horrible things happen to good people too i lost my baby girl to stillbirth 2 weeks ago and its been really hard trying to be strong in front of people i love husband and 4yr old son during the day and at night i break down and cry until i cant breath everyone is afraid to talk and so am i and then i feel bad that i cant talk about her without crying i have so many new babies in my family and i can't even pull myself together to see them because i get so upset that those women got to see their babies got to bring them home get to nurse them everything i was supposed to do with my daughter and never will get the chance too and then i feel worse for wishing it was them instead of me that this happened to and no one should ever wish loosing a child on anyone i know its part of the grieving process but i knew to this so i don't understand what.. i don't know how do you cope with life and look forward to the future when it doesn't seem fair to celebrate holidays when shes not here to enjoy them too i just really need to talk it helps to talk to people that have been threw this

Becky, I am so sorry for the loss of your little one. I cannot explain why bad things happen to people. Unfortunately, they do. You are still in shock after your loss. It has only been a few weeks and so you need to try to take care of yourself and regain your strength. There are many women here who have lost a child at birth, or had a miscarriage. They will offer support and advice to help you move forward during your grieving. It really does help to open up and express how you feel by talking it out.

As far as looking forward to a future again? You will in time begin to pick up the pieces and move forward in a new direction. It may not seem like it at this point, but it will happen down the road. One day at a time is all you can ask of yourself right now. Take care of yourself.

Kate

Archived