Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Goodbye my baby doggie

thegrievingone

• Members
thegrievingone

It’s only been 5 hours since I last said 'goodbye'. And I don't know how I'm going to get through this. 1 took him to the vet because he wasn't eating nor defecating in 24 hours, only to be told he had Cancer and it had ruptured into his stomach and was in pain. Somehow I went in, along with my mom and sister, with optimism, that we would be bringing him back home and take him on his nightly walks. But that wasn't the case. We went home empty handed. The house feels empty and full of self hate.there'S so many things I wish I could've done better. But now all I want is my dog. My special baby doggie. Yes, even though he was almost 15 years old, he baby was my doggie. I wish I could disappear this instant. I don't know how I'm going to make it without him. I feel so lost, and confused. it all happened so fast. Before I knew it, the vet was talking about urns. My heart aches so much.how long do I have to no longer feel this and be numb?

• Like 1

• Moderators

I am so sorry for your loss.  It's hard for me to comprehend how vets are missing the cancer...my sweet baby also died of cancer, diagnosed when he went in for a teeth cleaning, this after a clean bill of health two weeks earlier at his physical. Inoperable, liver shutting down. How can this be?!  They badly missed it.  We went home and continued his life with me providing hospice and CBD oil, SAMe, Milk Thistle, Probios, cooking for him...only for next vet to botch his euthanasia and watch him go out in horrible pain.  My baby, I wanted to ease him into his next life. Their scale was grossly off, they under-anesthetized him. 

I wish no one had to experience this.  I hate the C word. 

My heart goes out to you.

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers