Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Blessings to You All

tmeredith

• Members

Sending blessings to you all. I know this is a tough time of year for those of us who have lost someone so dear to us. I hope you all feel some support in your sorrow and have some sweet memories of your loved one to comfort you. I am sending love your way and wishing you all some peace and hope in the new year. ~Terra

• Members

Thank you Terra, and blessings and good wishes sent your way! Wishing you a peaceful New Year.

Kate.

• Members

Thanks, Kate. Looked like from another post that you had a nice Christmas. Glad for that. Ours was good...kids had a great time opening gifts, playing with the relatives and dancing to the Christmas music. We all ate too much and enjoyed the beautiful weather here in Southern California (it was in the 70s) but for me it was still a bitter sweet Christmas. I missed my mom. I hung her stocking which remained empty while the rest of ours were filled. I made one of her favorite recipes and wore a Christmas pin of hers that I love.

It is hard seeing things move on without her. I wish she could be here to see the kids grow up and be part of the fun. I also miss her support and and the warm, peaceful retreat her house provided to for me. I can say that it does get easier...the loss of not having her is still huge, I just have come to accept it more and deal with it better. I do admit however it is hard in a way to see the new year come and realize that we will be one year further away from having her here with us. So I look forward to the new year with mixed feelings...anticipation of what I hope will be a good year and also a sense of sadness at moving further away from the past which I hold so dear. I guess that it is a good reminder to not take any of the good times with my loved ones for granted. Enjoy and love them while they are here, for that might not always be the case for one reason or another...we only have this moment.

Thanks for listening to my post-Christmas ramblings. Hoping everyone has a good New Year and that 2012 is very kind to you.

~Terra

Archived