Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

love of my life is gone

btjw020610

• Members

Hi all I am in the mist of grieving for my fiance. He passed away unexpectedly the day after thanksgiving we still have no clue what happen, he just started breathing funny in the early morning and his heart wouldn't start again. He was a wonderful man, and we were so happy together. I am putting on a brave face but I really am not doing so well I feel lost like half of me is gone I don't see the other side of this. I am going to a support group each week and it helps but at night I am in so much pains tears don't touch it. I have not had a good life between a horrible childhood and a crazy baby daddy it has been rough I thought that finially i would get to have some happiness in life and then this happened. I am angry and just sad. I get up and take care of my daughter each day but it is all tainted with this grief and pain. any adivice is welcome please take into account I am not religious and not planning to be, I understand that others are and I respect that I am just not.

• Members

Dear btjw - I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your fiance. The loss of someone you love is

the worst kind of pain. I am not in the exact same situation as you are, but your story caught

my eye as I was signing onto another thread of this website.

My 29 year old daughter died last year from complications of leukemia. What I can sort of

relate to is the husband she left behind. They were married for only 7 months before she

passed, so it is for my son-in-law that I relate to your story. He is struggling like you are,

puts on that brave face and goes through each day, but I know and see that his heart is

broken.

There are people on this thread that have directly lost a partner. I encourage you to keep

posting here as it is helpful to talk to others who are on the same journey you are. My heart

goes out to you and I pray for your healing.

• Members

Thank you today was really hard. I watched my daughter open the gifts we had pick out together and I could almost hear him. I just missed him so much it was hard to get through it, I got to be with his family today which helps but I just feel so empty right now I miss him beyond words.

Archived