Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Coming along still sad

debbie8800

• Members

It has been almost 5 weeks now that mom is gone. Today I kept thinking about her and wanted to go see her and then i remember. I am trying so hard to adjust. I have difficulty with my roommate and want to move soon, thus causing more stress, but i know i have too. My mom would have said, "come stay with me dear," teardrops.

Sometimes I wish I would have done this or that better or never returned to NJ where all this started. The reason is she was in a nursing home and they didn't take good care of her so now i feel like its my fault and i should not have come back. She had parkinsons for years and i knew her burial plot was here so i came back. I never thought she would be gone from me. I remember the Lional Richie song when his father died and it makes me cry.

Well that is all for now. I need some cheering up as i go thru this holiday season alone.

Debbie

• Members

It has been almost 5 weeks now that mom is gone. Today I kept thinking about her and wanted to go see her and then i remember. I am trying so hard to adjust. I have difficulty with my roommate and want to move soon, thus causing more stress, but i know i have too. My mom would have said, "come stay with me dear," teardrops.

Sometimes I wish I would have done this or that better or never returned to NJ where all this started. The reason is she was in a nursing home and they didn't take good care of her so now i feel like its my fault and i should not have come back. She had parkinsons for years and i knew her burial plot was here so i came back. I never thought she would be gone from me. I remember the Lional Richie song when his father died and it makes me cry.

Well that is all for now. I need some cheering up as i go thru this holiday season alone.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

It is not your fault, so please try not to beat yourself up over this. You did what you could when you could. And, if you have no other family to spend the holidays with, perhaps you would like to volunteer at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter? They often need people to help, and you will find many people who would cheerish your company.

Also, people go to the movie theater, church, and other social places by themselves just to be part of the group. I know it's not the same thing as being with your family, but it does help you to not be so alone.

Or, get a great book and sit at home and lose yourself in it.

We will try to be here to cheer you up.

ModKonnie

Archived