Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My daughter

robyn

• Members

It's been 3 weeks and 4 days. Sometimes it feels like that next day. My accomplished, energetic, beautiful daughter went home to God at 33 years of age. There was no medical reason for it, no heart attack, no stroke. She just went to sleep. She leaves behind a heartbroken husband and two beautiful babies, 7 and 2 years old, a sister with a 7 year old, and a brother who has a new baby. Her father is devastated, and I feel as if the heart has been torn from my soul.

Chrissy is a veteran of the Air Force. The honor Guard did such a great job at her memorial service. She just recently graduated from Liberty University with a Masters and had just started a new job that she was so excited about. She is a dedicated Christian and the heart of the family. She guided her sister and brother and prayed for her family every day.

I can't refer to her as "lost"- I know exactly where she is, and I know I will be with her again some day. I think that we might have become too complacent in our faith. Perhaps we all relied on her too much- thought we could just get pulled into Heaven on the strength of her prayers. God told her that her job was finished- "Well done, good and faithful servant"- it's up to them now.

I always believed that we were blessed as a family, close and loving, healthy grandkids. I prayed for them all the time and thought God would grant this coward's wish and never ask me to outlive my husband or kids. Well, He had other plans.

I know it's supposed to get better, less painful, and I know my faith will save me. But right now I just keep asking- WHY did you take her? Why did she have to go? How can You leave me here? I miss her so much and sometimes the pain feels like it will kill me- then I'm afraid it won't. I miss my baby girl so much.

post-297833-0-26282100-1324179581_thumb.

• Members

Robyn...I am so sorry for your loss. Your daughter sounds like she was a very energetic and accomplished woman. I cannot begin to imagine your hurt. Please accept my condolences .

You will find that all of us here are going through the same loss at various stages. However, we all recognize the steps that are associated in grieving. There is no set time frame or guideline to follow. Everyone here is different. We have our up days and some particularly down days. But know one thing. We are always here to listen to those bad days as well. Talk about your hurt and loss...and share whatever you feel you would like to tell us.

This is such a hard time of the year for many people. It manifests feeling of emptiness and loss. This is one place you will not be alone.Prayers and (HUGS) sent your way.

• Members

Robyn ~ I agree with you, our children aren't lost, we know exactly where they are. They aren't with us though and that's the part that makes it hard.

Such a full life with so much more ahead.

As Kate says "this is the one place you will not feel alone". Please when you are able join the thread on loss of an Adult child. We are all on a journey no one wanted to be on. We are at various stages of grief that follows no rhymn nor reason, has no timetable and no 'cure'.

Please tell us about your Robyn, the vivacious young girl that beams out from your avatar. I believe by what you wrote that she is someone to be honoured and remembered.

Take Care ~ Trudi, Micheal's mum.

• Members

Chrissy was an honestly beautiful soul. Joy just shined out of her eyes, her smile, the tips of her fingers and toes. She is the only one I have ever known who truly worked at Christ's second command "love your neighbor as yourself", she always tried to see others as God sees them. I was able to see this most clearly at her memorial. It was packed and so many had so many stories about her- people I had never met. She is a warrior full of heart and my hero. The best I can do is try to be like her.

Archived