Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Grief Interrupted

TAM1

• Members

I realized today that almost two years to the date that Len passed my son's marriage collapsed.  So during the time that I was grieving for Len (2017), then my dog Missy (2018), this heartbreaking business with my son became inserted in my life in 2020 (his wife walked out on him and his sons  - 2 years and 4 years at that time), and that may be why I've been feeling so odd or off, grief stricken - a lot of things. In the middle of my own grief I stepped in and helped my son and grandsons with their extreme loss - emotionally, physically and financially for the last three years.  Back in February 2020 there was a point when I sensed a life ahead of me, something very positive and that ended with my son's divorce and COVID added to the challenge of life. This is a different time now, things have moved ahead and this is a pivotal time in my son and the boys' lives and I can see their progress - I need to see this, I hope he does, that he has his own life and so I can have my own. I may have missed a step here in the process, I believe I have, of grieving. As if that time has been put on-hold. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

TAM1 you must be pride of yourself! It's what the warriors of grief are able to do...in the most heartbreaking time of your life you helped your son and grandsons in their hard moments!

I hope you can find now a new and interesting life!

My best wishes

• Like 4

• Moderators

A familiar face!  You already know I am proud of you, but it's soon time for you to take care of YOU.  I think the recent anv. of Len's passing may have something to do with how you're feeling, that and what's going on with your son.  (((hugs)))

• Like 2

• Members

What is strange is that weekends are still difficult for me - and this weekend is a holiday weekend.  It is harder now than it was 6 years ago - I'll figure it out but I really believe that losing someone is very confusing and it takes a long while to sort this out emotionally and in other ways.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

It's nearly 18 years since I lost my George, and the weekends were so hard, so were nights as that's when he'd call me from work, but it's long ago eased and I'm just down to missing him every day like a grief I carry in my heart...

11 hours ago, TAM1 said:

it takes a long while to sort this out emotionally and in other ways.

Yes, for sure.