Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Made it through another week

Deborah_M

• Members

To all my friends that I have made on here, Thank You for all your support...being able to come here and share my thoughts and read your post has helped me.  Coping with this grief is not easy (as we all know). I wish I knew how to have a one on one conversations with each to you, but I haven't figured that part out yet.  Just figured out how to create a "New Post". 

Today I went to church then to the grocery store and then home.  Like everyone that has posted about the  a loneness of this journey, I finally had to accept the fact...This might be the way it is for the rest of my life.  I've reached out to local people at church, and they have been wonderful, but I only see them at church.   My family calls from time to time...no one lives close enough for me to visit with them, only have the occasional visit from time to time usually months apart.

While I'm taking something to help with the symptoms of grieving the feeling on being on a island all by my self keeps creeping into my mind.

So, Thank you to all my friends I have made on here.  May we talk again soon.  I am having trouble with my internet provided, it seems my connection is down more than it is up so if you don't hear from me, I'm still here and miss all of you.  God Bless ~ Deborah

• Like 1

• Members

Good to know you are still here as well.  I've found a walk around for getting on the internet, I can use my "Phone" and a private connection.  afraid to stay on to long as I really don't understand how it works...found it by accident.  I would hate to get a big $$ because of it.  If my internet provider can't fix the problem by tomorrow, I'm calling my cellphone provider and see what kind of plan they have.

Aleutians, that's interesting.  While I didn't really live on an island , I did live in the Middle East for about 14 months.  Made me really appreciate living in America.

Hope you are doing OK!

• Like 1

• Members

Yep. Nope. I can't even go there right now, the "this might be the way it is for the rest of my life" . My husband and I had plans to move to Costa Rica one day in a few years  (our little pipe dream talk) so once in a while my mind gets an image of me sitting on a beach... ALONE. I shut that image down sooo fast. Some days in late afternoon I like to take my cup of tea and sit outside on the bench and wait for the sun to go down ..yes, even with snow on the ground or cold weather. It's lonelier than being in the house, I don't know why I do it. I just sit there and feel and think, can I do this for the rest of my life? So when I read your post I had to share. 

• Like 1

• Members

Best we just keep getting through these days, the future and being alone is too daunting, and it just floods us with more despair. So I refuse to do it. I can't even look at or open the book I just received today DWS mentioned by Megan Devine...it's ok that you're not ok. I told Deborah and DWS that I'm afraid to open it. I love books but it's sitting here beside me haunting me. Maybe tomorrow. 

• Like 1

• Members

I so recognize and identify with those feelings. The amount of time in the future is sometimes unbearable so I just think about today or next week.

• Like 1

• Members
Alone. Again.

8 hours ago, maud said:

My husband and I had plans to move to Costa Rica one day in a few years  (our little pipe dream talk) so once in a while my mind gets an image of me sitting on a beach... ALONE.

My fiancé and I had plans to retire in Italy. We were always talking about it. Looking at where we'd want to live. I understand that feeling, it's too hard to think about.

14 hours ago, Deborah_M said:

While I'm taking something to help with the symptoms of grieving the feeling on being on a island all by my self keeps creeping into my mind.

I started taking these yesterday at your recommendation. They have helped somewhat with the symptoms as you say, so thank you, Deborah. 

7 hours ago, LostThomas said:

agree...cannot handle the future now, at least I can't.

I'm in the same place.

Thinking of you all. I can't believe the only comfort I have found has been with all of you, miles and miles away from me, but I am truly grateful.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Deborah_M said:

I am having trouble with my internet provided, it seems my connection is down more than it is up

Sure you don't live in my OR mountains?  Sounds like my internet!

9 hours ago, maud said:

I just received today DWS mentioned by Megan Devine...it's ok that you're not ok.

It's a good book, highly recommend it, just open the pages and begin to read, needn't be a lot, I think you'll find her easy on you, if anyone seems to get it, it's her.

1 hour ago, Alone. Again. said:

My fiancé and I had plans to retire in Italy.

We'd planned to travel the US in a motorhome...ha! Neither happened, instead he died.

• Members
7 hours ago, Alone. Again. said:

I started taking these yesterday at your recommendation. They have helped somewhat with the symptoms as you say, so thank you, Deborah. 

So glad it has helped.  remember, you don't take it every day. and don't touch the pellet with your hands.  place them in the cap and then put them under your tongue.   I need to re-read the article again just to keep it fresh in my own mind.  Hoping you have a good day / night.  PS, I read coffee interferes with it, so I guess I'll have to give up coffee for awhile.

• Like 1

• Members
Alone. Again.

Oh dear....I took two yesterday and one today...and I did touch it with my hands.

Thanks so much for letting me know. I will re-read the article.

Hope you're doing OK. 

• Like 1

• Members

You need to take at least 5, the first time I took 8 then I cut it back to 5,  good luck with it.  It has helped me.  This a link to the lady I first heard about Ignatia.  There is also a man who did a video on it, but I would have to research to see if I could find it again. BTW I purchased mine from Boiron. Go the link:  https://deeprootsathome.com/ignatia-remedy-for-grief-ptsd-worry-loss-or-emotional-stress/

stay in touch 

Hanging in there, start of a new week...We will get through this.  contact me any time

• Like 1

• Members

Since I have no idea of how long I’ll live, and having to do that without Chris, that’s what scares me. Like so many of you, I try to live one day at a time facing my new normal.

• Like 1