Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I’m not able to deal with my cat’s death. I don’t want to live anymore

Natasha1712

• Members

I lost my baby. She was 11. I’m not dealing well. Sometimes I want to dig her out. I feel like I left her alone at the graveyard. I feel like I buried her alive. I feel hallow. I keep seeing her sweet face. I want to see her again. Right now. I want to hold her. Someone help me 

• Like 2

• Moderators

This is how I felt when my Arlie died...don't do it.  The sight would not be the same as when you put her in.  It would be something you wouldn't be able to get out of your mind once seen.
It was one of the hardest times of my life, 3 1/2 years ago when my baby died, he was my everything.  I started walking my neighbor's chow after he died, it gave me something to look forward to.*

My heart goes out to you, this is the hardest time since losing my husband nearly 18 years ago, it felt like going through that all over again!  I still miss my Arlie, he was my soulmate in a dog.
Thinking of you and wishing you peace and comfort in the days ahead...

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

*I did it for ten months but he yanked (on the leash) on my hand severely, resulted in a botched surgery, continual pain and numbness... and he bit me...the first time wasn't severe but the next time was very severe and also permanent injuries (other hand) and then my son's (now former) dog bit me severely, more damage (12-14 injuries in all) so that now I have 10% strength and my walking dogs ended other than my 21 lb Kodie and I have a leash that comes around my waist rather than being held.

• Like 1

• Members

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this pain. I know it hurts feeling their absence and it's hard to even let yourself accept that they're gone. I know when my cat died, I kept seeing her out of the corner of my eye in all the places she liked to hang out in. I slept with her favorite toy in my hand every night. I couldn't let her go. The bond is real and it's devastating to lose. I know it's hard, but your baby was lucky to have someone who cherished her so much ❤️ 

• Like 2

• Members

I am sorry for your loss. I know how you feel, I lost a cat June 29th last year and I'm still suffering because of it. Your not alone and even though you don't know me, i know how you feel. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Colin M. said:

I lost a cat June 29th last year and I'm still suffering because of it.

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope you'll take a good look at these...

It is not our grief that binds us to them, it is our love, and it continues still.

I hope this brings you some comfort and peace:

• Members
Sheila With Love

You bring tears to my eyes as I read how broken you are with the loss of your beloved cat!!  Our pets are such an important part of our life and often we feel as if we can never survive the loss of such a faithful and loving pet companion!!  I send hugs and love to you with hope they will give you a small bit of comfort!!!

I write poetry and have several poems and videos about loss.  I am a new member so my posts are limited, but I will be thinking about you as I post new ones.  I just put this one up about loss, that includes that of a pet. 

• Like 1