Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

mom passed away

debbie8800

• Members

My mother died unnecessarily 1 month ago on nov 14. She was a wonderful, smart fun lady and very educated and wonderful to me. I am so sad and iii miss her so much, its hard to go on without her without crying daily.

I am very angry also, we came back from calif and went to NJ, and I got into an argument with the hospital i put her in for evaluation, they insisted she go to a nursing home, that was back in june, by august she looked back, skinny and grey in color. I started screaming in the nursing home for them to put her in the hospital. They wouldnt listen said she was fine.

By oct 14, she could barely sit up and i called adult protective services who had her admitted immediately to the hospital. the doctor in the nursing home did nothing and he was her doc at the hospital. She died 14 days later of pneumonia, mrsa and complications. They were told not to do any invasive procedures but they did anyway and they killed her.

I am furious and going to see a lawyer Monday. My poor mother worked all her life and was always doing for people and giving to everyone. I am lost without her. No matter what i do i can't get past this, i have accepted it to a degree. She was 87 but she could have lived into her ninties like her sister.

Broken hearted.

Debbie I thought i would share my story with you, crazy huh? I wish i never heard of NJ or St. Peters hospital who started alll this trouble. By the time the judge realized i took good care of my mom it was too late. Lord have mercy.

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so awful that no-one would listen to you. I don't blame you for being angry and upset over that along with the grief from the horrible loss of your sweet mother. It is clear that you did everything you could for her but others did not. My mom's cancer was not diagnosed soon enough despite repeated trips to the doctor. A simple test would have potentially saved her and she would be here today. I am so sorry. I know your pain.

• Members

My mom was in a nursing home too. When she went in she could walk, she was in the hospital and her doctor said she needed to go to a nursing home for rehabilitation. Within 4 months she was wheelchair bound and unable to walk. It went downhill from there... I was always at the nursing home or calling because of something they were not doing. One time I went to see her she was sitting in the hall in her wheelchair and an empty portable oxygen tank. My mom had COPD and was on 4 liter of oxygen. She ended up in the hospital after that. That was one of many instances with the nursing home.

Mom has been gone 10 days now and I miss her terribly

• Members

We are all here for a reason to support each other and i appreciate all your words of consolation and kindness. I go see an attorney monday to start a lawsuit but that won't bring her back but maybe they will realize they were wrong and should have done more.

Hope everyone has at least a pleasant holiday season. I am here to chat if any of you need to.

God bless everyone of us.

Debbie

Archived