Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I’ve realized that it’s been 5 years…

Caitlin W

• Members

One of my little cousins birthdays have just passed and he just tired 5 years old. This made me realize that my mother passed away 5 years ago… (We used to baby sit this child right before she passed) By me realizing this I’ve noticed that I’ve been treating her death as a out of sight out of mind type of thing. I love my mother she was my only parent and I have no siblings, so I think you can understand why I’ve been trying not to deal with this. But it seems in reality I have been dealing with it in the wrong way I’ve been letting it control me. I haven’t been eating much I don’t like going out I’ve practicality ruined my relationship with my boyfriend during the time… I just don’t know how to continue living with out think every time I do something, “mom would of loved this”. I feel like I’ve been on auto pilot for 5 years, work - home, work- home, etc. I feel alone, I have a god mom and a god dad but I feel like when I talk to them it’s just not my mom. I need help on what to do, how to cope better. I know she’s gone but it still doesn’t feel right. I constantly tell myself that she was sick and if she stayed any longer she would of probably gotten sicker, but I don’t know that for sure. If anyone knows any ways for me to cope better with out holding it all in, please let me know. (Also I have just started therapy)

• Members
Peacebewithyou

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.  Please trust and put your faith in Jesus.  He can heal broken hearts and "make all things new."