Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my soulmate, my Cassie dog

yessy

• Members

She was 14 years old, I tried to protect her from everything but I couldn't protect her from time. I feel like I'm not whole anymore, and I honestly want to die...

Her mouth, her paws, her face she always looked like she was smiling, I always let her be, her soul was perfection... She saved me in every way ... And now I feel alone... I feel like nobody nothing or anything is meaningful anymore. She woke up with a seizure or something, kidney and spleen failure... Omg I just want to die and be with her

IMG_20190901_175154083_TOP.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I am so sorry for your loss!  You are right, she is a smiler, she's beautiful.  Such a beautiful baby.

This one complaint I have, that dogs don't live long enough.  Their hearts are gold, and I feel quite honestly that this is the loss that is hardest!  I've lost everyone one by one, I have two sisters and a brother left, have lost two sisters, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles (lost two this year), niece, nephew, dogs, cats, friends, husband...the hardest was my husband and my last dog.  Something about when it's them and you, and they're so much a part of you and your household.  It leaves that hole in your heart they take with them.  And you're left alone with empty bowls and toys and absence in your routine and life.

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

• Members
10 hours ago, yessy said:

I tried to protect her from everything but I couldn't protect her from time.

I’m so sorry you lost your Cassie. It’s so true that no matter how much love and care we give, time marches on and there’s no stopping it.

She is beautiful. Some animals do seem to live with a permanent smile. That’s often because they are so happy. I really believe that. I recently adopted a 1 year old rescue cat and last night for the very first time I noticed her smiling in her sleep. Her face relaxed, her arms holding mine, and her whole being starting to know “I am loved and I am safe.” We can give our animal companions no greater gift. And in return, they give us everything.

You are just beginning a painful journey through grief. I won’t sugarcoat it because that does not help. But you are not alone. You have found a place with members who understand, who have been where you are and who are where you are.

Your Cassie clearly lived a life full of love. That matters so much. We here know that the hardest part of deep love is the deep grief and broken hearts that come from losing it. It’s a risk, but I believe it is worth it.  Please know that you will be in my thoughts and heart today.

• Like 3

• Members

I am so so sorry for your loss of your sweet girl...

I lost my cat 5 years ago and found this forum because I was insane with grief. (My cat also passed suddenly and also horribly over a couple hours. I tried to protect him from all pain and the last hours I failed. :( )

How did I survive? Moment by moment. I promise you won't always feel this way. It does change but it's slow. There's no quick fix. The world was just an unhappy, dark place without him for a while. I was bitter. Angry. And cried so much.

I wish I could say something to ease what you are going through. We all know where you are. And again, really sorry.  

• Like 2