Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

This sh** hurts ..

alexakay

• Members

It's been 53 days since my boyfriend of 4 years passed away out of nowhere.. I can't stop replaying the image of everything that happened in my head yet I still can't seem to fully grasp and accept what has happened.. i feel stuck in time. I'm so alone, he was all I had.. we were together 24/7 no breaks for the last 4 years.. I'm not used to eating or sleeping without him much less live without him.. he was my daily routine, now its like I'm living a life I don't even know and it's not my choice.. it seems to keep just getting worse. I wake up and go to sleep crying every night. I'm not used to sleeping alone. I don't have anybody to talk to, he was literally rhe only person in my life besides my grandma.  nobody understands what I'm feeling they all say to just keep my head up but if they were in my shoes they wouldn't use that same advice.. I keep asking why him. Why me. He had so much talent and so much life he was barely 29 and I just turned 24. I still can't wrap my head around anything going on. I've been trying to keep myself busy but nothing takes my mind off of him and I got to the point where if I'm gonna be sad I can be sad alone and not be around anyone ruining the energy .. but I'm not used to be alone the quietness hurts.. I haven't lost anyone close to me til now and I don't know how to deal with it. I literally feel my heart torn and out of my chest.. nothing makes me happy.  

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

It's been about a month and a half since my girlfriend passed away and we too spent 24/7 with each other. We've lived with each other for 3 years and I do not understand how to live without her and I'm nervous I will never figure it out. She just turned 21 and also passed away suddenly in an accident. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this because this pain is on a level I can't even fathom. I would never wish this upon my worst enemies and the fact this happens to people who don't deserve it boggles my mind. My girlfriend was the sweetest person i have ever met and it just doesn't make sense why the world takes these people away from us so early and unexpected. Please just keep pushing and trying your hardest every day. That's all we can really do for now. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Jcon32 said:

it just doesn't make sense why the world takes these people away from us so early and unexpected.

No, it doesn't.

7 hours ago, Jcon32 said:

Please just keep pushing and trying your hardest every day. That's all we can really do for now. 

Yes.

• Members

"I can't stop replaying the image of everything that happened in my head yet I still can't seem to fully grasp and accept what has happened."

I can really relate to this one sentence that you wrote. I've never experienced these feelings in my life and I've seen a lot of deaths of family and friends. Faith, family and friends will help you to cope. So will the nice people on this board. Counseling would help. If I could think of anything else, I would pursue that myself. I need all the resources I can get.

• Like 1