Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Coping

Bradleysmom

• Members

Driving to work today, alone in the car, my thoughts immediately went to Bradley. I didn't cry, but that pain in the gut of my soul was ever so present. The constant physical reminder of our sorrow.

My question is directed to all who have weathered the storm and turmoil of losing a child longer than I have.................. Will I ever find peace?

I want to honor my son..... it pains me to remember him only with tears. I know my life as I knew it is over, but I need to know that living, will not be miserable because of his death.

Can I, or dare I, believe that one day I will be able to look at my life as Bradley's mother, and feel true comfort just knowing how blessed I was to have him for 20 years?

God is good and he loves me. I will be a patience mother.

• Members

Driving to work today, alone in the car, my thoughts immediately went to Bradley. I didn't cry, but that pain in the gut of my soul was ever so present. The constant physical reminder of our sorrow.

My question is directed to all who have weathered the storm and turmoil of losing a child longer than I have.................. Will I ever find peace?

I want to honor my son..... it pains me to remember him only with tears. I know my life as I knew it is over, but I need to know that living, will not be miserable because of his death.

Can I, or dare I, believe that one day I will be able to look at my life as Bradley's mother, and feel true comfort just knowing how blessed I was to have him for 20 years?

God is good and he loves me. I will be a patience mother.

Bradley's mum - I have been on this journey just over 4yrs 10 months. In that time one thing stuck out. Nothing before Mike died has the same meaning. Losing your child to tend to redefine the definitions of things like peace. Will you find peace, you might find a 'newly defined peace'. One where a memory of your boy will make you smile where once you would cry. Where you will catch your breath once and awhile instead of finding it hard to breath at all.

Living to honour our children is what we are all doing by just being here. This was posted on the Loss of an Adult boards about 2yrs ago. I try each day remembering Mikes life, he is more than that one crappy day that changed my whole being.

To honour you, I get up every day and take a breath.

And start another day without you in it.

To honour you, I laugh and love with those who knew your smile

And the way your eyes twinkled with mischief and secret knowledge.

To honour you, I take the time to appreciate everyone I love,

I know now there is no guarantee of days or hours spent in their presence.

To honour you, I listen to music you would have liked,

And sing at the top of my lungs, with the windows rolled down.

To honour you, I take chances, say what I feel, hold nothing back,

Risk making a fool of myself, dance every dance.

You were my light, my heart, my gift of love, from the very highest source.

So every day, I vow to make a difference, share a smile, live, laugh and love.

Now I live for us both, so all I do, I do to honour you.

B) Trudi, Micheal Shane's mum

• Members

That was beautiful................ Thank you for your words of wisdom, I am truly greatful.

Bradley's mum - I have been on this journey just over 4yrs 10 months. In that time one thing stuck out. Nothing before Mike died has the same meaning. Losing your child to tend to redefine the definitions of things like peace. Will you find peace, you might find a 'newly defined peace'. One where a memory of your boy will make you smile where once you would cry. Where you will catch your breath once and awhile instead of finding it hard to breath at all.

Living to honour our children is what we are all doing by just being here. This was posted on the Loss of an Adult boards about 2yrs ago. I try each day remembering Mikes life, he is more than that one crappy day that changed my whole being.

To honour you, I get up every day and take a breath.

And start another day without you in it.

To honour you, I laugh and love with those who knew your smile

And the way your eyes twinkled with mischief and secret knowledge.

To honour you, I take the time to appreciate everyone I love,

I know now there is no guarantee of days or hours spent in their presence.

To honour you, I listen to music you would have liked,

And sing at the top of my lungs, with the windows rolled down.

To honour you, I take chances, say what I feel, hold nothing back,

Risk making a fool of myself, dance every dance.

You were my light, my heart, my gift of love, from the very highest source.

So every day, I vow to make a difference, share a smile, live, laugh and love.

Now I live for us both, so all I do, I do to honour you.

B) Trudi, Micheal Shane's mum

Archived