Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Every minute is so different without my son

Morgan3

• Members

I try I try every minute to understand WHY… a freak accident happened to my son!! Why my best friend, my hero, my baby boy!! Why.., I am not doing well and need to hear from other parents how do you get through each minute each day

• Members
Utterly Bereft

I don't know.  My child was killed. I don't know how I've gotten through any of the seconds, but I guess I have.

This shouldn't be happening to us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Members

My 9 year old son Dylan died a month ago. Not an accident but doctors didn't test for appendicitis and he had flu. Sent us home he died a week later. 

So I'm also asking why. I'm screaming why whilst crying my eyes out, many many times a day, the past month. He was a healthy, funny, fun, intelligent, amazing little boy with so much potential that didn't deserve this. Now he lost his life, our family ruined. 

But even though I ask why, the answer is it just happens. It can happen to anyone. And it's a horrible answer because there's no reason or justification. It's horrible to accept. I don't actually accept it yet, I'm still in disbelief but I know I can't fix it. 

I know if I keep asking why I'll never be able to accept it and never be able to move forward. I know that I must accept it just happens to anyone, there is no why, and then I think I can move forward. But it's really hard to accept. 

• Sad 1

• Members

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my 19 yr old son in a freak not at fault motorcycle accident on 10/31/22. He had just gotten married 30 days before and was a perfect and beautiful young man. I miss him so much. Prior to his “crossing over”, I had lost a few important people in my life but nothing prepared me or my family for this. He was 4th of 8 children and his passing has left a huge hole in the middle of our family. I thought I was comfortable with the idea of death but never knew it like I do now. It’s a horrible monster that rips us apart. The only thing that has brought me and real comfort or peace is that I believe I’ll get to see and be with him again one day. Laurence, to your point, I’ve tried and tried to find an acceptable answer as to why my son Dylan. Why was it “right” for him to be taken. Why is it ok that he never get to have babies and watch them grow up? Why why why? I don’t think there will ever be a good reason? 

• Sad 1

• Members
On 1/15/2023 at 12:31 PM, Utterly Bereft said:

I don't know.  My child was killed. I don't know how I've gotten through any of the seconds, but I guess I have.

This shouldn't be happening to us.

No it should not!! 

On 1/15/2023 at 1:41 PM, Laurence said:

My 9 year old son Dylan died a month ago. Not an accident but doctors didn't test for appendicitis and he had flu. Sent us home he died a week later. 

So I'm also asking why. I'm screaming why whilst crying my eyes out, many many times a day, the past month. He was a healthy, funny, fun, intelligent, amazing little boy with so much potential that didn't deserve this. Now he lost his life, our family ruined. 

But even though I ask why, the answer is it just happens. It can happen to anyone. And it's a horrible answer because there's no reason or justification. It's horrible to accept. I don't actually accept it yet, I'm still in disbelief but I know I can't fix it. 

I know if I keep asking why I'll never be able to accept it and never be able to move forward. I know that I must accept it just happens to anyone, there is no why, and then I think I can move forward. But it's really hard to accept. 

I completely understand your pain and your heart!! I’m so sorry for your loss… life will forever be different.. I’m so mad a God for taking my son!! 

• Sad 1

• Members

My son was a officer and I thought he would pass on duty.. no he did not.. he was 29 years old, engaged and excepting a baby girl. He was just starting his life. Was in school since he graduated high school. Got his masters degree and became a peace officer. Why take this wonderful man from this world I don’t understand I will never understand!! 

• Members

My daughter crossed over at 7 months that day I she was healthy doing so well with her milestones 

that dark Saturday is so vivid I don’t know why I keep asking again n again 

• Sad 1

• Members
5 hours ago, Jackline said:

My daughter crossed over at 7 months that day I she was healthy doing so well with her milestones 

that dark Saturday is so vivid I don’t know why I keep asking again n again 

Yes I feel your pain!! I’m so sorry!! For me everyday I keep reliving the day we found out.. it just feels unreal. I am seeking mental help next week. I can’t do this on my own anymore. May you have the universe give you a bit of healing. Our pain I know will never go away. 😭😢😭🌹

On 1/17/2023 at 8:05 PM, PhillipC said:

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my 19 yr old son in a freak not at fault motorcycle accident on 10/31/22. He had just gotten married 30 days before and was a perfect and beautiful young man. I miss him so much. Prior to his “crossing over”, I had lost a few important people in my life but nothing prepared me or my family for this. He was 4th of 8 children and his passing has left a huge hole in the middle of our family. I thought I was comfortable with the idea of death but never knew it like I do now. It’s a horrible monster that rips us apart. The only thing that has brought me and real comfort or peace is that I believe I’ll get to see and be with him again one day. Laurence, to your point, I’ve tried and tried to find an acceptable answer as to why my son Dylan. Why was it “right” for him to be taken. Why is it ok that he never get to have babies and watch them grow up? Why why why? I don’t think there will ever be a good reason? 

Completely feel your pain!!! It’s a living night mirror 

• Members
Cindy Tenney

I lost my son to Fentanyl Poisoning on April 30

I can't believe the God awful pain I feel. Cannot stop crying and missing my boy🙏🏻❤️

• Members
Cindy Tenney

I know 😪 It's hard to get through the day sometimes 😕

Cindy Tenney