Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my son in 2021 💔

swte

• Members

I still have things to take care of that were his, I try then give up. I cry every night, during the day, some days are better then others but then I feel guilty 😔 I can usually bring me back from things, this has put me beyond that & I'm lost.

• Members

Hi, I’m so sorry for your loss. I too lost a son. On December 10/2020. He was 31. Living at home. Never married. Near genius IQ with Tourette’s and Asperger syndrome. One of the sweetest men you might ever meet. He and I donated plasma twice a week. My son jumped off a 100 foot overpass near our home 2 days after one of theses ~Mother & Son plasma outings. I had told him, “Nat, you’re great! I love you.”

Why? I don’t understand? To this day my rational mind tells me it’s a question that will never be answered. Yet, I can’t eat for days at a time. I miss him so much!

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Swte and Mcbella..let me start my saying how very sorry I am for the loss of your dear boys.  I lost my daughter 12 yrs ago so I know the path you walk.  We all feel the guilt at times, after all that was our most important job in life was to keep our kids safe.  But who amoung us would not have moved heaven and earth to save our children.  We need not feel guilty.  As far as dealing with our child’s belongings, that is very difficult…it took me 7 years and I had to do it in bits and pieces…I knew my daughter had no use for any of those things anymore, so I kept a few things , then thought of how happy some other kids would be getting a pretty dress, or a soccer ball, so that’s what I kept thinking to get me thru that.  Please know you are not alone on this journey that none of us wanted to be on.  Don’t hesitate to reach out if I can be of help to you in anyway.  My name is Luanne.  Hugs. 

• Members

How did you make it through a holiday without wanting to crawl into your bed? I just want to sleep and cry until it is over. It has only been a little over 2 years. I don’t want to celebrate without him. Even though I have 4 other adult children and my husband still. 
I know I will see my son again. I know it wasn’t anyone’s fault. I don’t blame myself. It is just difficult to find friends that can understand or are understanding of the horrible feelings of grief that I am going through. This is all part of the process of healing. We have to get past this stage but the only way is through. People act like it is not ok or good for one to be sad when grieving the loss of their child. My husband will avoid me for days.

That is way I joined this forum . I want to find others that I can grieve with. Maybe this isn’t what I am looking for?

Thanks for the advice