Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

You would have been 69 today

BohoKat

• Members
1 hour ago, BohoKat said:

Dear happy heavenly birthday my love. This is the second birthday we have been separated and most days it still seems unreal. I know you always wanted me to stay strong and I try so hard, but the loneliness is overwhelming. Without your devilish grin, your comforting strength, and the wisdom behind those sparkling sapphire blue eyes I am so often lost. So I feel my way along the path, blinded by grief, groping my way through my life without you, my partner in crime, my traveling companion, my soulmate, my forever love.

I would wish peace but today I have none. BohoKat 

What a beautiful birthday tribute, she sounds like she was a firecracker and wonderful woman. Birthdays are so hard.  But, if there is a bright side, you got through one of the worst days.  Wishing you strength and I’m very sorry for your loss.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I am so sorry you had to go through his birthday alone again, so hard.  My husband's birthday my daughter's divorce (5 1/2 years coming) went through so at least it was offset by something to celebrate.  Honestly, I don't know how we get through these days, everyone tackles it differently, somehow we get through it.  (((hugs)))

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I might as well copy your message and post it on July 20th of this year. The feelings you expressed are almost exactly how I would feel when that day comes.

My prayers are with you as you get through this difficult day.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Thank you all for words of kindness and support.  @TGold Mark was indeed a firecracker and through 32 years of marriage I can definitely say I was lots of things but bored was never one of them.

We had our rough patches like all couples, but every day no matter how mundane was an adventure filled with love and laughter. Mere words cannot explain what we had. My heart aches, it feels like being pierced by deep thorns. I carry on, as @LostThomas says, one step at a time.

Peace, BohoKat 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Wishing you all the best today BohoKat.  I'm sure today seems never-ending. Hopefully tomorrow will bring you a little bit of peace. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
20 hours ago, RichS said:

I might as well copy your message and post it on July 20th of this year.

It's amazing how we can relate to one another in our grief...

• Like 1