Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Miss my parents

latincoffee

• Members

Without fail, I miss my parents everyday but much more around the holidays. I know I'm not the only one going through this.

Dad, 52 passed in 2000 from failed liver (he was a drinker) and mom,60 in 2006 in a motorcycle accident.

I try to surround myself around my sisters but they always seem busy or rarely contact me as I always make the attempt to reach out. 

It's been so hard for me to trust people and I have grown to enjoy my solitude though I wish I had friends to do social stuff with.

Anywho--Hope everyone is well and prayers sent for all of us going through any type of loss.

-Angel (I'm a guy btw)

• Hugs 2

• Members
Valerie Lockhart

Dear Latincofffee,

I'm sorry for your loss. I too miss my mother and grandparents. I think about them daily. “In the Bible, I found very comforting words, such as those of Isaiah 41:10: ‘Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.’ These words helped me a lot because I felt as if I had no father. Today I read the Bible regularly and pray to my heavenly Father. I have learned to overcome my loneliness.” May you too find comfort through prayer and reading the Bible.

• Hugs 2

• Members
On 12/30/2022 at 11:12 AM, Valerie Lockhart said:

Dear Latincofffee,

I'm sorry for your loss. I too miss my mother and grandparents. I think about them daily. “In the Bible, I found very comforting words, such as those of Isaiah 41:10: ‘Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.’ These words helped me a lot because I felt as if I had no father. Today I read the Bible regularly and pray to my heavenly Father. I have learned to overcome my loneliness.” May you too find comfort through prayer and reading the Bible.

Amen, Valerie! Thanks for the awesome scripture and your sweet response. Sorry for your loss as well! Hugs.

I know that God is our Rock & Strength!! 💚