Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mother nov 14, 2011

debbie880

• Members

I lost my 87 year old mother on Nov 14th she was doing well with me then i placed her in a nursing home and they weren't taking care of her. I miss her so much it was just her and I.

I am 52 and the only child, i feel like a kid again and i cry alot, wishing she was here to laugh and make me feel better. We were so close i feel like a part of me died. I am not sure if i can manage and get thru the holidays.

To make matters worse i don't get along with my roommate and want to move.

Lord have mercy.

Debbie

• Members

I lost my 87 year old mother on Nov 14th she was doing well with me then i placed her in a nursing home and they weren't taking care of her. I miss her so much it was just her and I.

I am 52 and the only child, i feel like a kid again and i cry alot, wishing she was here to laugh and make me feel better. We were so close i feel like a part of me died. I am not sure if i can manage and get thru the holidays.

To make matters worse i don't get along with my roommate and want to move.

Lord have mercy.

Debbie

I am so very sorry about the loss of your mother. You can get through the holidays by taking it an hour at a time. Try not to think about things too far out in advance. If you don't have family or friends to celebrate the holidays with, try volunteering at a soup kitchen or shelter. Or, go to the movies, church, get a few good books or a really good movie you've always wanted to watch. Cook a pizza instead of the traditional. Just do something different if you don't want to do what you always do. This will be a tough few weeks, but you will get through them. If you end up crying buckets of tears, that's okay, too.

We will be right here with you.

So what's going on with your roommate?

ModKonnie

• Members

Thanks yes volunteering is good, im working on my masters online too but need to find a stable job to go to every day to keep my mind busy and have somewhere to go and make more money, but then i say who cares. ? lol

Anyway my roommate is very moody, tempermental and i believe bipolar its not going to work. I was sharing with a teacher it was ok near my moms place and when she died and made a bad decision and moved in here so i get a 10,000 student loan in january and want to move. Will be working on that, but i don't know if i can handle living alone. It might be too much for me, not sure yet and the roommate thing is always a risk.

Thanks for chatting, i appreciate the feedback,

Debbie

I am so very sorry about the loss of your mother. You can get through the holidays by taking it an hour at a time. Try not to think about things too far out in advance. If you don't have family or friends to celebrate the holidays with, try volunteering at a soup kitchen or shelter. Or, go to the movies, church, get a few good books or a really good movie you've always wanted to watch. Cook a pizza instead of the traditional. Just do something different if you don't want to do what you always do. This will be a tough few weeks, but you will get through them. If you end up crying buckets of tears, that's okay, too.

We will be right here with you.

So what's going on with your roommate?

ModKonnie

Archived