Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dad

keriannealexander

• Members
keriannealexander

Last October I suddenly lost my dad to a brain hemorrhage, just four months after my 18th birthday. At the time he was away on business, and it happened as he was driving his car in the hotel car park, luckily noone else was hurt.

I would like to say the pain has gone away but it hasn't, i hate talking about it and would rather pretend it didn't happen. I know my friends and my mum try and be there and listen to me but I hate people feeling sorry for me, and i woiuld rather be there for someone else then someone look after me.

I still think that at any minute I will turn around and he'll be there and say that this was a lie, I can't even begin to imagine my future without him, he was my best friend and I don't know how to cope without him. My mum says things like she thinks i would have found it easier if she'd gone which makes me feel like such a horrible person because thats not how I feel at all. I feel like im letting everyone down because of the way I am.

• Guests
Guest DarkHeart

Last October I suddenly lost my dad to a brain hemorrhage, just four months after my 18th birthday. At the time he was away on business, and it happened as he was driving his car in the hotel car park, luckily noone else was hurt.

I would like to say the pain has gone away but it hasn't, i hate talking about it and would rather pretend it didn't happen. I know my friends and my mum try and be there and listen to me but I hate people feeling sorry for me, and i woiuld rather be there for someone else then someone look after me.

I still think that at any minute I will turn around and he'll be there and say that this was a lie, I can't even begin to imagine my future without him, he was my best friend and I don't know how to cope without him. My mum says things like she thinks i would have found it easier if she'd gone which makes me feel like such a horrible person because thats not how I feel at all. I feel like im letting everyone down because of the way I am.

Hi Keri, you are not alone in your feelings of despair, anger, confusion, pain ~ too many to list. Everyone grieves differently; there is no right or wrong way to do it. Try not to feel like you're letting everyone down, I'm sure you are not. You need to let your feelings happen naturally and, although you'll question yourself over & over, wondering if you're feelings are *normal* or not, don't worry too much about it. The people in your life who truly love you & care about you will accept the way you are, and you should also accept the way you are and the way you grieve. After all, you can change how you get through this tough time yourself; do some reading in this forum of others' stories. You'll soon see you are not alone. Please don't forget that. Take care~

Archived