Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Anger Surrounding Grief

ShayJefferson

• Members
ShayJefferson

Hello, 

This is my first post in this forum and I was unsure what to title this post. I’ve been searching for somewhere to try to explain how a certain part of grief angered me and almost made the situation worse. 

Last year I lost my nana. After losing her, I had so many people sending my family meals and inviting us to come eat at their houses and such. For some reason this made me so angry. I didn’t want people to keep dropping off stupid lemon cakes and lasagnas. I wanted my Nana back and still do. Every time I think about these items being dropped off I just get mad. I don’t know why. It just bothers me that this is a thing that people do when someone is grieving.

Every time I try to explain this feeling to someone, they rarely understand and when they do, I don’t think they really do. I understand some people probably like this while grieving. But for me, I think I just wanted privacy and to be treated the same. 

Has anyone experienced this or feel a similar way? Or am I just insensitive?

Thank you for reading.