Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Holiday's Without Mom and Dad

Asdasiae

• Members

Every year my heart blacken's just a little bit more, I die just a little bit more. I see everyone around me calling their parents, talking to them knowing them. I never had that chance and I never will. My mom died when I was 5months old. It was too much for my dad so he didn't stick around and ended up dying in '98. What I wouldn't give to have just one of them around. Even just for a moment. Day's that are supposed to constitute the most joy, are hardest and the worst times, at least for me. People say I am strong for not killing myself a long time ago. How can this be, when I feel so weak? Advice?

• Members
losingyourparentsorg

Hi Mandi,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I lost both my parents - at 22 and 27. I just wrote a blog post about the holidays. Maybe this may shine a bit of light on it. The pain will never go away full but there are other things we can do with our time to start the healing process.

Missing Your Parents During Christmas Time & The Holidays

• Guests
Guest DarkHeart

Every year my heart blacken's just a little bit more, I die just a little bit more. I see everyone around me calling their parents, talking to them knowing them. I never had that chance and I never will. My mom died when I was 5months old. It was too much for my dad so he didn't stick around and ended up dying in '98. What I wouldn't give to have just one of them around. Even just for a moment. Day's that are supposed to constitute the most joy, are hardest and the worst times, at least for me. People say I am strong for not killing myself a long time ago. How can this be, when I feel so weak? Advice?

Hi Mandi, I am very sorry for your losses. I wish I had the right words for you, but surely I don't ~ still, I believe our parents brought us to this world so we could have our own lives. Love never dies, especially the love parents have for their kids. You are strong, do not forget that. You can return the love of your parents by honoring them as you live each day of your life knowing that you are their mortal extension on Earth. It's what they wanted for you, so keep your chin up and empower yourself with their eternal love for you. Time will heal, and you are not alone. Take care~

• Members

It's difficult and does get a bit easier with time but it still hurts, both my parents passed away 2 .5 years ago within 8 weeks of one another . Christmas and birthdays are hard but as a family we raise our glasses and celebrate the fact that they lived and loved , we talk about some funny things that they said and did and wipe our tears. Your mum loved you and will always be with you in your heart . I put the christmas cards up that they sent me (I do it on my birthday too) and it comforts me reading them and makes it seem for a moment that my mum and dad are celebrating Christmas with the family too. I remember waking up one particular morning not long after my mum passed away and for a brief moment I 'd forgotten that she'd gone and I was absolutely devastated but one of my daughters told me that it was a gift from my mum that she sent to me to enable me have peace from my despair.

Archived