Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Forgetting, Just for a Moment

MichaelR

• Moderators
11 hours ago, MichaelR said:

Then just as quickly my mind was jolted back to reality.

Yes, I went through this too, forgetting for a moment and then the jolt back to my new reality...it's hard hitting, slams us!

I don't go through that anymore, as my subconscious is quite aware he is gone, but oh those first few months...

My heart goes out to you.  :(

• Like 2

• Moderators

I am so sorry...our bed was a reminder of his absence, it was always the best place in the world to be in his arms...now I sleep in our loveseat recliner, worn out, broken, but still comfortable after 21 years...will keep it as long as I can.

• Hugs 2

• Members

MichaelR,

I had these momentary brain glitches for years. Usually I would want to tell him something or ask him something. For just a moment my brain would be processing information as if he was still alive. Then bam, there would be the jolt of reality, I can't call him to tell him, I can't ask him about it tonight. Pain and sadness came with that recognition. 

It's been almost 6 years now, and those glitches don't happen any more for me.  Now days, I pretty much have a running dialog with his spirit all day.  I share my thoughts, worries, discoveries with him all the time.  I just no longer have that momentary brain glitch that he is physically around somewhere just absent from my sight.

Gail

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

I think that momentary brain glitch gives your brain/heart a break from all the pain and anguish we are suffering.  As Gail mentioned, the jolt of reality can be painful though. 

• Like 2