Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Year Anniversary

cmiller

• Members

I don't even really know what to say. My only son completed suicide and died November 6th last year. As time goes on, it seems it gets harder. I guess because during the first year I was still in shock and now reality has set in that he is dead, he is gone, and never coming back again. I will never hear his voice, his laughter, his irritation with me because my memory sucks. Nothing, he's gone. Again, what do I say. The Holidays I thought I could handle, but it's harder than I thought. I slept most of the time during Thanksgiving.

• Members

Dear Carla

I am so sorry for the loss of your only son. It is a dreadful, painful road that we parents, who have lost a child travel

I am glad that you found this Board and would like to welcome you to our little family. Most of the parents post to the Loss of Adult Child Board Just click on that Topic and then click on :"Reply Button" and post.

I lost my only son Stephen 4 years ago and this Board helped me regain my sanity. It is not easy and many days it is 2 steps back and 1 step forward but we can do this together.

I see you have posted a picture of your handsome son on your profile page. I would like to suggest that you start an album in our Gallery section of the Board. I find that section very important to my well being

Please join us, share your pain and thoughts You are not alone.

• Members

Dear Carla,

I am so sorry for the loss of your son and that you are also on this painful path. I'm very new still on this journey. I lost my 16 year old daughter in a car accident 10 weeks ago tomorrow. I have no words of wisdom to offer anyone yet, but there are many in the Loss of Adult Child Forum that are farther along on this journey than I am. It is a more active thread that is composed of parents who have lost their children at various ages and through various circumstances. You will find others there who have also lost their children to suicide. You will be welcomed and received with much love and support. They're a wonderful group of people who have helped me so much over the last 7 weeks. Please post there and tell us about your son and yourself. Praying for you and holding your son close to my heart tonight.

Susan - Shannon's Mom

• Members

Carla ~ I'm so sorry for the loss of your handsome son. I think its true, for our first year we are in such a state of shock, denial that coming into the first angelversary is harder because it becomes somewhat of a reality.

Please, when you are able, come to the thread Loss of an Adult child. You will find many there on this same unbelieveable journey. There is a place to speak of your son, tell of your own story in your own words.

Trudi.

• Members

Carla, I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful son. The others are so right in that you have come to the right place to find support. I have found it to be a quiet comfort in the rough storm that we all go through while grieving the loss of our child. I too lost my son in the same way. I truly do understand how you are feeling. You will read many different posts. Some days are good and many are not for all of us. But you will find support to help you get through this. Look forward to hearing from you.

Kate

Archived