Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mom died at 60

Mathematician1982

• Members
Mathematician1982

My mom passed away October 16, 2022. Her husband of 28 years, my step dad, died April 23, 2022. And my grandma passed away in January 2022. I don’t know how to keep going. I’m looking for a place to help me. And hopefully find a group near me to see. 

• Members

Hi Mathematician1982,

Multiple deaths within the same year is something I cannot imagine, yet it happens to so many people. That is a lot to try and cope with and I'm truly sorry for all you are going through. 

Do you have any surviving siblings, aunts, uncles or cousins you can reach out to? Surviving such loss can be a tiny bit easier when you can share your grief with others. Especially if they knew your parents/grandparent. Is your bio dad still alive or in your life? Could you reach out to him? 

Support groups are always good places to turn, as everyone is experiencing loss and you don't feel so alone. Keep reaching out here, there are many people who've experienced multiple losses who I'm sure have some helpful thoughts. 

Be kind to your grieving heart and take care of you. Hugs xo

Traz

• Members
On 11/21/2022 at 8:19 PM, Mathematician1982 said:

My mom passed away October 16, 2022. Her husband of 28 years, my step dad, died April 23, 2022. And my grandma passed away in January 2022. I don’t know how to keep going. I’m looking for a place to help me. And hopefully find a group near me to see. 

Hugs, dear Mathematician1982,

As a mathematician, or scientist, biologist, archeologist, neuroscientist, astronomer or even cosmologist...we are always looking for logic and reason, or patterns that make, or carry the potential to make, logical, reasonable, rational 'sense.' to us, from within our own personal sense and perspective of our chosen 'field' of expertise (and logic and reason).

But then something 'emotional' (something not logical or scientific or reasonable) happens to us; traumatizes us, makes us feel or realize that we have no idea, anymore at all, of what is 'reasonable' or 'logical' or 'rational'.

For myself...there isn't one group (at least, not on the Internet that I have yet searched -- and, trust me when I tell you that I have searched for it!) -- no one group to join, that is willing and open to looking at both sides of this picture. That is, you might need to start your own similar-minded and similar-seeking group in your area (or through Zoom), because they don't yet really exist on Earth. (I think that people look-up on Facebook and MeetUp, so you might want to start using those platforms to advertise when you do start-up your own group to support this new perspective and way of thinking.)

Feel free to 'private message' me, if this feels like a good, logical, rational and sensible thing for you to do.

My sincere and heartfelt sympathies and condolences on all of your losses, so quickly in succession.  Love and hugs, Ronni

• Members

I'm sorry for your losses =( 

Certainly, it is difficult to deal with many losses in a short span of time. 

It's good that you're looking for a grief support group or something to help. Keep searching, and I know there are good grief counselors out there, too. 

Best thing to do is give yourself time to grief, apply self-care, and take things a step at a time. 

• Like 1