Ms.C

• Members

they say my daughter is dead 

they say they planned a funeral 

-she will be buried soon 

...but I swear I just saw her face in the crowd just now, 

she can't be passed away..

because the pain of those words are too hard to bear 

I feel frozen in time, like everything that mattered most just stopped in that one moment, when I heard myself crying out 

they say my daughter is dead and I am angry 

and then sad again

• Members

Hi. I’m Becky. I’m so sorry for your loss. We lost our 34 yr old daughter 10/04/2022, very unexpectedly. My heart is breaks for you. It’s like a nightmare that doesn’t end, so far. I’m here for you, if I can help any. If I can figure out how to work this website. Big Hugs to you.

• Members

Thank you Becky,

Sitting in an airport right now getting ready to fly home from the funeral.. it is so unreal. Everyone's cheery and saying "Happy Thanksgiving" and all I want to do is cry

• Members
NiquesMom

Hi, I'm virginia. My 18 year old daughter died 12/21/17. I remember having to try to celebrate christmas (my son was only 4 at the time) and how hard it was to pretend to be happy with tears on my eyes. Still get like that almost 5 years in. Holidays are really hard (but every day is hard).

Hang in there friend. A lot of us post on "Loss of an adult child" if you want to post there as well. I have been on this page almost 5 years and there is a comfort in knowing the feelings you have are normal. You aren't crazy and there is not judgement.

• Members

Thank you NiquesMom.

Everything feels like a painful blur right now.. and trying to do normal things like meals are terribly difficult. 

I am saddened to hear and read of all the grief affected families, and my heart cries with all of you 💜