Ms.C

• Members

they say my daughter is dead 

they say they planned a funeral 

-she will be buried soon 

...but I swear I just saw her face in the crowd just now, 

she can't be passed away..

because the pain of those words are too hard to bear 

I feel frozen in time, like everything that mattered most just stopped in that one moment, when I heard myself crying out 

they say my daughter is dead and I am angry 

and then sad again

• Like 1

• Members

Hi. I’m Becky. I’m so sorry for your loss. We lost our 34 yr old daughter 10/04/2022, very unexpectedly. My heart is breaks for you. It’s like a nightmare that doesn’t end, so far. I’m here for you, if I can help any. If I can figure out how to work this website. Big Hugs to you.

• Like 1

• Members

Thank you Becky,

Sitting in an airport right now getting ready to fly home from the funeral.. it is so unreal. Everyone's cheery and saying "Happy Thanksgiving" and all I want to do is cry

• Like 1

• Members

Hi, I'm virginia. My 18 year old daughter died 12/21/17. I remember having to try to celebrate christmas (my son was only 4 at the time) and how hard it was to pretend to be happy with tears on my eyes. Still get like that almost 5 years in. Holidays are really hard (but every day is hard).

Hang in there friend. A lot of us post on "Loss of an adult child" if you want to post there as well. I have been on this page almost 5 years and there is a comfort in knowing the feelings you have are normal. You aren't crazy and there is not judgement.

• Members

Thank you NiquesMom.

Everything feels like a painful blur right now.. and trying to do normal things like meals are terribly difficult. 

I am saddened to hear and read of all the grief affected families, and my heart cries with all of you 💜

• Members

I too lost my 22 year old beautiful daughter in Nov 2022 😔. she is our only child. My husband and I are devastated. I am looking for support. I am a big mess, can't stop crying or function. trying to do my job as a chore, but nothing helps :( 

• Like 1

• Members

My daughter left us on 12/21/2016 - I am still trying to adjust to the new normal of my life, but it is so hard.  We dont really have a choice but to adjust. We have to gentle to ourselves and find things or people to help us survive. She was 32 years old and the love of my life!  Cancer. The worst is watching or hearing of marriages, births, joyfull events.  I am happy for family and friends, but inside my heart cracks more. She was so full of life, beautiful smile - just unreal she's not here.  

• Like 1

• Members

I see her everywhere still,

It just feels like a continuous cycle of triggers, then emotions overwhelm..

Just keep breathing I tell myself.

I try to do normal routines and it's like everything lacks color or flavor..

Suddenly it all feels like the day I found out my baby was forever gone

• Like 1

• Members

Ms.C, sending hugs. I can tell you, time will help. You will always feel the loss, nothing will change that. Time will help you cope. Yes, just keep breathing. Deep breaths

• Members

This is all so sad and tragic we all want our daughters back I know I want mines back. To hear her voice on the phone asking for something yet again, knocking at my door, seeing her beautiful smile, or even our arguments. I miss all of this and it's still all so unbelievable.  Prayers for each and every one of us 🙏🙏🙏💖💖💖

• Members

I don't know any of you, your race, politics, etc but I know the saddness, loss, uneasiness, you experience. Losing a child is the ultimate "switch" which turns something off within.  Never to be put back on. I wish all of us, peace and the strength to keep going.  It seems impossible but each day will help guide you. We will forever love our daughters & sons but try to stay in the light.