Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sherry

Very sad

• Members

I lost my best friend in the world on June 20, 2022. He was the best. My little Frankie Valli. We went everywhere together. I don’t ‘now how to function without him. Am on anti depressants for years but nothing is helping. I won’t and can’t get another dog. It’s too heart breaking. I took such good care of him. Any little thing wrong he was at the Drs. I had him since he was 8 wks. old. He turned 12 on April7th of his yr. All I do is cry and talk to him. I have a shrine on my coffee table with him. I wish someone could help me. I keep busy all the time. Nothing works. I am so ready to give up!

• Like 2

• Moderators

I am so sorry, that is how I feel about my little Kodie, I've had him since he was two months 3 days, he's my service dog, although I don't take him to the doctor, dentist, or church Sunday (I do the rest of the time).  Haven't figured out how to get worked on with him.

He is my life!  I'm 70, he could potentially take me to 83, in my family we live into our 90s.  I don't want to leave a dog to go through my death and get rehomed, not fair to them.  But I honestly don't know how I'll live without him.  When my last dog died, I felt the color went out of my world.  He was my best friend and companion, the goofiest, sweetest dog ever!  he was 140 lbs and never pulled on me.  Kodie is 20 lbs and pulls on me stronger than a Mac truck!

I too have a shrine in my house for Arlie (last dog).  When I had to evacuated twice this year, and once last year (smoke/fires), I took it with me.  I have his coat hanging on my chair, I take it off and hold it sometimes.  He always wore it when it rained/snowed.

I am truly sorry for your loss!  It's the hardest thing in the world.  And one doesn't replace another but rather they create their own spot in your heart for who they are and what they bring to the table.  You never know when you get one what you're getting because it's not the breed so much as the individual traits.  They've cloned them and said it doesn't work, they aren't the same, just look it.

I hope these are of some help to you and bring you comfort and peace to think upon...

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

• Members
On 11/15/2022 at 10:01 AM, Very sad said:

I am so ready to give up!

Please don't give up.  I know it's so hard to keep going when your heart is shattered and the world no longer makes sense.  Truly, I do.

On 11/15/2022 at 10:01 AM, Very sad said:

All I do is cry and talk to him. I have a shrine on my coffee table with him. I wish someone could help me.

You've found a really good place to find help from others who understand.  Losing our one special companion animal is one of the hardest things in the world.  Their love for us is so pure and true.  We cannot fathom how to go on without that love, especially because we feel responsible for them and our hearts and minds search for a different outcome.  There's simply no way around how hard this grief and loss are.  But it doesn't stay the same.  Over time, months and even years, not days and weeks, grief evolves as we figure out ways to carry it with us, along with our love and the happy, loving, and even silly memories.  Give yourself time; talk to us here; rant and even "scream" if you find that it helps.  We do not judge or tell you that you are wrong for feeling the way you do because we know it all too well.

I'm so sorry you lost your sweet Frankie Valli.  Being here has helped me so much; I hope it helps you too.

• Like 2

• Members

Yes, trying is all any of us can do, but the beauty of being here is that we are all trying together. You are not alone. Just knowing that helped me start my own grief journey.((HUGS))

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thinking of you...my internet was down this morning.  I'm sorry you're having it so rough, I remember how it was... :(