Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

woah10spac

• Members

I always thought if something like this happened to me that I would be surrounded with sympathy and understanding. The problem is I'm 23 and nobody I know who is around my age has been through the death of a close family member or loved one. Its not supposed to happen so soon I guess. But it means I'm constantly alone. I have no frame of reference for whether I'm bearing my grief admirably; there is nobody to validate my feelings.

I have my parents and my other two siblings who experienced this loss with me, but it's very different for my parents, and these other siblings dont tell me what they're feeling and behave like it doesnt even affect them anymore. It's been a year and a half.

I find I dont have the words to explain it when I try to help my friends empathize with me. I dont think there are words-- n our language at least-- to describe the void of the initial grief and the painful rankling of the wounds it leaves behind.

This is all a lead up to me just asking if there are any more of you young adults out there in a similar situation to me. Maybe we can be alone together? Let me know in the comments and we can share our thoughts or the difficult things we run into, and if theres enough maybe we could even start a discord chat or something thatd be cool I think