Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Here's why your grief feels enormous

KayC

• Members

Kay C

Thank you Kay for that article.. I resisted reading it.. and dealing with this grief.. but reading it helped me to structure it,..the grief in its many guises...,... to see how it is in an organized way, which is very helpful...what was, what is, and what maybe will be... kind of things you know.. thank you very much!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

It really helps us understand that what we are going through is normal (for grief) and to reassure us we are not out of kilter.  Kind of like this forum!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Yes Kay!! Thank you for sharing this! I can and do identify with each part of this article! And tonight I’m wondering if God really does care. I’m so very lonely that I can hardly function lately. It’s seemed to hit hard the last while again. Life is dark and I do each day only what I’m forced by being alive to do. Tonight I can’t even pray. I’ve been talking to Jeff but not to God. The loneliness is such a gaping hole in my life that I don’t know how to keep on going. Tonight (1:30-2:00 in the morning) I’m driving and crying. Tears running down my face as I try to see to drive through the tears as they fall fast down my face… good thing there are not many other cars out. The article you shared at least lets me know (as I already did) that I’m not alone in how I feel, I need it tonight. It’s so true! It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here. I’m fighting depression the last several weeks. Feels like the deep waters are about to close in over me. I know I can’t wish Jeff back here where evil reigns but tonight, just for tonight I cried out to have him back, to talk to him once more, to hear him pray for me again. I pretty sure if I can ride this out it will look better again hopefully. Just that after 5 years (almost) I think the grief and loneliness shouldn’t be this bad. Mostly the loneliness. I know Jeff is with Jesus and he is so happy there. I just can’t stand the thought that he might be able to see how sad I am… I wouldn’t want him to know because his heart would hurt when I’m hurting. I’m here simply waiting, hoping to make it until Jesus comes again to take us all to Heaven. Hopefully soon!
Rev. 22:20  … Thank you to anyone who reads for “listening”, it helps a bit to get it out. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Sally72 said:

And tonight I’m wondering if God really does care.

Sally, that whole first year I felt that, I couldn't pray, my attempts felt like He was a million miles away!  I'd always been an avid pray-er, even taught classes in prayer and studied it!  It'd been a big part of my life and I felt abandoned...then I realized that God hadn't left me, He'd carried me!  It was my grief filter that seemed to block my getting through...it was just so all-encompassing and struck me to the core.  Not everyone feels this, some (here) talk about feeling God, but it reminded me of some of the mystics I'd read talking about growing through the seeming absence of God, how it is then often that our faith is built, as we are going by faith and not feelings.  But sometimes we just need those feelings!

• Like 1

• Members

Thanks for this article. It really does cover grief well. Having gone through nearly 2 very sad years my faith in God is stronger than ever. I now know there's so much more to all this, much more that we could ever realise. Life, and the afterlife that follows. Where we fit in as souls on a journey. Grief is a great teacher. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

And it's a long journey.  In the beginning, I felt angry that I had to "do" anything!  I didn't ask for any of this, now I'm told I need to do grief work?!  It's not only a long journey, but one of much learning...and anger is understandable, esp. in the early time.

• Like 1

• Members

Was EVERYBODY excluded from the "Growing through grief" thread (started by KayC), or just me? And, if just me, why just me? -- When I click on 'new notifications', I can see a new comment was added to that thread, but when I click on the notification to read the new comment, I'm getting an error message that reads, in full: "Sorry, you do not have permission to view this topic."

If any long-time member of this site can direct me to the Admins, then I'll go that route, I guess, if I have to (and if/when it comes to me to do so).

Anyone else with the same issue/problem?

Edited by Ronni_W
Spellinks, and such; and clarification
  • Like 1

• Members

Thanks, KayC. It is not that I could not access the WhatsYourGrief site ... it is that I could not view your thread here, at this site. It doesn't really matter -- I assume someone didn't like my point of view, so asked the mods/admin to exclude me. Can't find it in me to deal with such pettiness and small-mindedness, if that's what it is/was.

Thanks again, KayC, for your help and trying to sort it out. Let's just forget it and leave where it belongs...which is not with us. ❤️. Hugs, Ronni

• Like 1

• Moderators

I can't find it either, it's removed for some reason or another, perhaps someone reported it?  Who knows.