Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

This is not ok….

AidaX

• Members

This is the only place where I could possibly share this…. And it’s not that I don’t have great supporting friends but it’s not something anyone could relate to….it’s has been 14 months since Mike passed and trying to stay afloat and be support for for our 11 year old son has been a process…. But recently I am so mad and aggravated. I know this will sound bad and wrong…. But he moved on and doesn’t feel any pain and is at peace…. But I am fucking not… I am left picking up the pieces and making sure our son is ok, which of course he is not…. It’s ridiculous and beyond infuriating and I can’t hardly pretend anymore everything is ok…. And yes, I tell everyone I am ok…. Ugh…. So much anger and I am sick of tired people telling me how strong I am… ugh ugh ugh like I have a choice! F$$$$$&&&&&!!!!!!!!!

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators

Yes, we can feel anger in our grief, and it doesn't matter that it doesn't make rational sense, it just is.  It's definitely a response we can feel, whether at the person that left or just at circumstances that took place.  I'm sorry you feel so alone in raising your son alone.

Do you have any family you can vent to, even if they don't get it totally, just to have one person that will listen and care helps a lot.

Maybe try telling people you are NOT okay!  I don't recall glossing over things when I went through it, whether they got it or not.  Sure I didn't tell acquaintances but I'm sure I did family, as for "friends" they all disappeared overnight!  But I made a new friend, we were very close for ten years, both of us lost our husbands, first me, then her, then she moved to another state, but she was the world to me when she was here.  I have not found a friend like her in the seven years since.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
LoveNeverDies

It’s ok to be mad and aggravated! My daughter’s father died when she was 8 months old . I went through a range of emotions over the years( my daughter is now 17) and anger was one of them . Sometimes it’s hard to vent to family and friends, especially when they think you’re ok. Feel free to vent here , we’re here to listen and support each other. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1