Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Mother was killed in a car accident on 07/09/2022

Mellisa Bennett

• Members

Dear Melissa,

I am so sorry for the sudden and devastating loss of your mom. Please keep reaching out here, I know I'm the first one to respond but others here do deeply care. 

Do you have family that you can share your feelings with - siblings, a surviving parent? It can lessen the burden when you have someone to share your grief with. Please know that all kinds of feelings are completely normal during the initial stages of grief - anger, guilt and of course the devastating reality that the person we loved so much is no longer here. I listened to podcasts about grief, read books about it and journalled a lot the first year after my mom died. I dedicated a specific journal just to her, and wrote to her as if I was writing her a letter. It helped me a lot with my grief to be able to express my thoughts & feelings this way. It's an on going journey, and the pain does get tolerable, but it takes time. You're very early in your grief, so please be kind to yourself. Losing your mom is so hard and all of us here have lost a beloved parent or parents, so we do understand how difficult it is.

Thinking of you, please take care.

Traz

• Like 1