Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I can't look at photos

cowsaregreat

• Members
12 hours ago, behindthedunes said:

[...] but I'm just wondering if anyone else couldn't face looking at photos too.

Yes, I also couldn't face or deal with looking at his photos. (And, two years later, it is still incredibly emotionally difficult for me, when I do that.)

Also listening to music that I know he loved, or used to get 'silly' about with me, when the music came on. (The theme songs for Formula One, and the TV series 'Mom', to mention only two.) I only recently started listening to the radio again. Yes, I also couldn't face looking at his photos.

Your loss is so recent, and brought back to me how I was 3 weeks in. My heartfelt sympathies and condolences; and sending you all Cosmic strength and comfort.   Ronni

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 10/31/2022 at 8:03 AM, behindthedunes said:

It's been 3 weeks since my husband passed and I haven't been able to look at a single photo of him yet. Is this 'normal'? I feel like if I do, the pain will be even more unbearable than it already is. I've started slowly talking to his family about him but I can't look at his face. I know there's no normal way to grieve but I'm just wondering if anyone else couldn't face looking at photos too.

Don't worry about "normal" in this situation. No such thing. It's whatever works for you.

That said, I couldn't look at her pic for a long time, but I knew I would want to eventually and am glad for every one I have. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Sim7079 said:

It also took a bit of time listening to the music he liked, there are still occasions that I can’t listen.

I listened to all his CDs to see what it was he might like about them (he had a long commute, 150 miles/day, he also had very eclectic taste), I couldn't stop until I was done, I ended up giving away the ones I didn't care for but the rest, the ones that had been our songs, I can't listen to them yet!  I don't have a CD changer in my current car like I did back then.

9 hours ago, widower2 said:

Don't worry about "normal" in this situation. No such thing. It's whatever works for you.

For sure!

• Like 2