Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Update, moving on with my life

Bill V

• Moderators

Hi, Bill, it's so good to hear from you and get an update!  Yes I remember you and am so happy for the both of you!  Enjoy your ventures and this next chapter of your life!

• Like 2

• Members

Bill V, 

Thanks so much for coming back to post about how you are doing. 

It is so easy in grief to feel like you will never be happy again.  It is good to hear that while you still cherish your deceased partner, you have found happiness. 

I am wishing you all the best!

Gail

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Bill V said:

Hello Everyone I haven’t posted here in a long time but life has been moving along fast for me.  This forum has been a life sent for me and I want to thank everyone who has helped we along the way and kept me sane. I had been using the online dating and I could write a book now on the adventure of online dating, but I finally found my perfect date, she lives close, we enjoy the same things, we both lost our partners and we both celibate our partners. The best thing was be both have a mutual friend we trust so we was able to start our relationship with some trust. 

We have been dating now for 5 months and can’t wait to see each other and be with each other. We both have fallen in love and plan on getting married in a year or so. I didn’t know I could love another lady this deeply again. I was about to give up on the online dating and had prayed to God to help me find an active woman, my last 2 dates the women had a lot of health problems, they were trying to hide, anyway God led me to a very active lady, she likes to Hike, camp, fish, dance, swim, play pickle ball,  biking, Kayaking,  anyway she is active, very active, all the things I enjoy doing too. 

I want everyone to know there is light at the end of the tunnel, and we do have a big enough heart to love another partner. Her Moto is “Life it good” the name we put on our boat we bought together. She lives on a lake, and she started a kayaking group, with many members who have lost their partners. Many of her friends tell me she saved their life by getting them out of their grieving and getting them active again. Truly being around others who have lost their partners like this forum and in real life is the way to heal from out loss. God bless everyone here I love you all. Bill

So happy for you, all the best! 

• Like 2