Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loosing both my parents together

Azka

• Members

we were travelling back to our home after visiting my aunt, me my parents my sister and my nephew when we met an accident and i lost both of them at the spot. our car fell down a hill and i was conscious after it hit the end i got up with all the bruises and ran towards them to find all of them, unfortunately i found them dead and i had no courage to go and have a look at them, i was still thinking that both of them are alive and they will be fine when we will go to hospital. everyone kept lying to me in the hospital but i somehow knew that they both left me. when we were in our car i had so many things in my mind that i needed to tell my mom but i couldnt. i still cant process that they both left. its been hardly 5 months since they left me and everything went downhill and i cant cope with this feeling of loosing them though i had been trying to suppress pain by indulging into so many things , by journaling, by going out , by keeping it inside. but the behavioral changes are so much that i do need help i do need therapy, i do need to get in touch with my emotions so i can function properly or this will keep coming in my way of new attachments. i need to grieve which i didnt at all so i can finally move on.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Azka,

I am deeply sorry for your loss and everything you have gone through. Please know there is no right way or wrong way to grieve. We all handle our grief differently. What is right for one person might not be a right for another. Please don't be hard on yourself. Grief is a long journey. With more time the intensity of the pain has lessened but I still have bad days after 6 years. 

When you're ready and if you want to seek out additional supports it will be there. I found the following websites helpful to me.

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog

We are here with you. x 

• Like 1

• Members
On 10/10/2022 at 8:12 AM, reader said:

Dear Azka,

I am deeply sorry for your loss and everything you have gone through. Please know there is no right way or wrong way to grieve. We all handle our grief differently. What is right for one person might not be a right for another. Please don't be hard on yourself. Grief is a long journey. With more time the intensity of the pain has lessened but I still have bad days after 6 years. 

When you're ready and if you want to seek out additional supports it will be there. I found the following websites helpful to me.

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog

We are here with you. x 

thankyou so very much

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss,  I know nothing I say can lessen your pain. Just know that you aren't alone.  I too lost both my parents wihin two months of each other. It's been almost two years and it still hurts to breathe. My mom passed first , and then my dad.  I'm so grateful for this voice mail my dad sent me,  just trying to console me.  I listen to it quite often.  And m