Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my Sweet Baby this morning

Furbys Mom

• Members

This morning my sweet 14 year old Furby passed away suddenly. I miss him so much and I cannot imagine life without him. He was my rock and my best friend. This also comes a month after losing my father to cancer. I just don’t know what to do without Furby. His sweet face and cuddles. I just want him back. I don’t know how to feel better. How I am going to keep moving forward with him not with me. He was my emotional support for so long and for him to be gone just is tearing me to pieces. I don’t like being at home because everything reminds me of him. I

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 3

• Members

Welcome.  I'm sure others will be along, but I wanted to tell you I'm so sorry you have a reason to be here with us.  This is a really good place to be.  Every member here understands and "gets it" in ways others cannot or sometimes will not. 

It's completely understandable that your heart is shattered.  How could it be otherwise when you've lost such a big part of your life?  And coming on top of losing your father just makes it that much harder.  I'm not sure anyone knows how to feel better with this depth of grief and loss.  Yet somehow, we keep breathing and living and eventually, we do.  But it truly does take time and the support of others.

Right now, please don't think about moving forward or anything like that.  I can't say it will be easy because it won't, but slowly the unbearable weight of grief does become easier to carry.  For now, just focus on getting through the day.  When you are able, try to bring all the happy, wonderful, loving memories to help with the overwhelming pain you feel.  Let yourself cry and feel whatever you feel with the knowledge that all emotions in grief are "normal" and most are expected.

I wish I could give you magic words to help, but over the years, I've realized that there aren't any.  You will be in my thoughts tonight.

• Like 2

• Members
April Ballou

@Furbys Mom I'm sorry for you loss.  This forum is a good place.  You can put whatever you have on your mind.   We all here have lost someone.   Feel welcome to read posts.  Just knowing that mentally you are not alone.  We are all here for you.

• Like 1

• Moderators

@Furbys Mom  I am so sorry!  It's the hardest thing in the world to deal with, the pain I felt at losing my Arlie was akin to when I lost my husband, it didn't affect my budget or chores or social life but OMG it did everything else!  My heart really feels for you.  
It helps to read/post and know you're not alone in what you're going through.  It also helped me to write about him, as if trying to immortalize him, I wanted others to know who this incredible dog was that they missed knowing!  

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

Hoping this brings you some comfort and peace...

• Members

He was my best friend in the whole world. My fiancé said he thinks that Furby was struggling for a long time but stayed around for me to help me through losing my dad. Like he has one last job to do. I am so thankful for my time with my sweet boy. If only time didn’t go so fast. 

• Like 2