Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

A picture of my beloved JoAnn at the Celebration yesterday...

Robert D.

• Members

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02s61U8z8PfdZWozT6tSd8DEV5EY1jniiFNuXzdoN6WbDw5o4nYLRcCDjGwqEiWoBTl&id=100067183989315

For my family here on the grief site...it may be confusing to know me as Robert...(my first name)..., which I am, for some reason, (getting older maybe)... starting to go by more now....I have for most of my life gone by my middle name Pat....God bless!

• Like 2

• Members

KayC. . It's something that has, as of yesterday, brought some laughter into my life....thank you for liking her (my wife JoAnn) picture on FB!  The pastor of the Ridge Church in Brookville, Ohio, where the Celebration was yesterday...and who has become a wonderful friend to me....actually, laughingly, asked that very question of me yesterday during the proceedings. Everyone got a laugh...it was like....Brother Robert...am I not in with you yet....you never said you were Pat......It was a very needed moment....But, in answer to your question....I have very recently....and I don't know conpletely why....but I do believe what happened in my life...the catastrophic loss and change.....and just my age a little....I'm 56...will be 57 on Dec 12....maybe young to some...but I'm not feeling that way....And, I don't know....I..now..feel that my first name is better for me in some way....fits me more somehow....So...for all my new friends/family...such as you KayC....I'm going with Robert....My full name is Robert Patrick Davidson.....my Dad, who was a singer songwriter actually changed his name around and went by David Patton...but some called him by Pat.. .like I called myself, till recent months. I always thought it was a Dallas thing, as I was born and raised there. So...weird I know...but for me going forward....I am Robert. God bless!

• Like 1

• Members

Robert 

I was going to contact you to see how your celebration of life for Joann went. Thank you for sharing she was a beautiful woman. I prayed for you in church today. May God give you peace.

Blessings Lost7 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Lost7 ...I appreciate your prayer to our Lord so much....it went very well....and I am very grateful to you....thank you so much friend!!

• Like 1

• Members

Lost7 ....We must....no choice in it really....blessings to you friend! Appreciate that!

• Like 1

• Members

KayC.....I'm sorry...earlier I forgot to answer your question on quilting. Yes...my beloved Jo was a quilter....her sewing room is the sewing room of all time...Lot of fabric in there.....Those quilts are hers...and just a few of them....I gave one each to her 2 kids. That wasn't easy...but its what JoAnn would have wanted. The room is sitting there now without her...I walk in and open the blinds...shut them at night...kiss her sweater......But, yes,  a quilter...and a very good one...her Christmas quilt is my favorite. In the video where I sing the song about roses....I didn't know it at the time...but the quilt that I put up there behind me...it has red flowers incased in white. (think: roses in snow). I put it up when I took the barn quilt down that is on the picture on the table...to the left...at the celebration...I gave that one to Jo's son. Sorry not to answer that question earlier....God bless!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Okay, Robert it is then.  Her quilts are amazing!  It's been a long time since I made one (many hand injuries ago).  Her children will enjoy and admire them the rest of their lives!

• Like 1

• Members

Robert, so glad the celebration went well for you. Was thinking of you. Oddly, I too am a 56yo Texan. You are in my prayers.

• Like 2

• Members

BohoKat.....Two Texans of 56....amazing....I still say "yall".. even though I've been up here in Ohio since I left Dallas at 21...or almost 21. Thanks for your prayers for me....You will be in mine. God bless!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

My best friend moved back to TX over seven years ago...it feels like a lifetime ago, to get remarried.  She always said "Yall" and hearing that made me smile...

• Like 1

• Members

KayC.....that word has stayed with me a long time....a funny thing happened when I first got to Ohio....i lwft Dallas 5 days before i turned 21.  I was greeeen...as they say....and I asked a person at the restaurant if they had black eyed peas....he looked at me and said, .."son, we feed those to cows up here"....I remember that like it was yesterday....you should have seen my sad young face when he said that to me.....I bet he laughed for years.

• Moderators

I would not have known that!  It's something I thought they had anywhere!  Not that I can have (carbs) but not a cultural thing to exclude it here!

• Members

Robert, your wife is very beautiful and I'm glad everything went well at her celebration. I have family that lives in Canton Ohio, last time I went was almost 3 years ago when my aunt passed away.

• Like 1

• Members
6 hours ago, Robert D. said:

had black eyed peas....he looked at me and said, .."son, we feed those to cows up here".

@Robert D. @KayC I can’t stop laughing. Unbelievably, my husband was from Dayton, OH. I knew better than to serve my father-in-law cornbread when he visited us in Texas, he felt the same way as he also did about black eyed peas!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Members

BohoKat.....It is truly a small world....My Dad, believe it or not, married a woman from within 10 miles of where I live...my brother and I were very young at the time.  And her family moved to Dallas where she met my dad who was a singer there. I've marveled at that for years....and the food up here in the north...the tastes etc.... Is NOT the chicken fried steak I grew up on. Thanks for the laugh....I needed it. Don't mess with Texas!! I prayed for you,...as i said fellow Texan! God bless!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1