Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Long night of worrying

LMR

• Moderators
8 hours ago, LMR said:

I realise the problem is fear but fear of what? Just being there without him?

Possibly.

8 hours ago, LMR said:

grief warps time

Absolutely!

8 hours ago, LMR said:

Thanks for being there for me.

:wub:

• Like 2

• Members

LMR, 

So sorry you are struggling.  It is so hard to think straight.  So hard to gather your strength to move forward on anything.

I felt so incomplete without my husband.  I didn't have the confidence to make a decision on much of anything.

I had a wonderful sister-in-law who stepped in and took control of my life for the first 6 months, but then she stepped back, and I was lost and alone. 

I don't know of anyway to cure this problem other than actually doing stuff.  You may make mistakes, but your head will clear  a little bit more with each effort.  At least that has been my experience. 

Gail 

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

I don't know of anyway to cure this problem other than actually doing stuff.

Yes, that is it exactly.  Gradually you build confidence.  One survival down and you learn you will get through the next thing too.  You tell yourself, "I went through this and survived, I will this too."  But getting older has been very hard hitting...esp. with all these injuries.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 9/22/2022 at 8:02 PM, LMR said:

I realise the problem is fear but fear of what? Just being there without him?

Gosh, that sounds completely logical to me.  There are places I don't want to visit ever again, places that were very special to John and me, because I fear how I will feel and react without him by my side. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 9/22/2022 at 9:02 PM, LMR said:

I was there more than a year without him but that year is so unreal. I have said before that grief warps time

@LMR  I can relate to your situation somewhat.  After my beautiful wife passed, I spent a year alone in Asia before moving back to North America 5 months ago.  I remember only bits and pieces of that year.  Yes grief warps time. I was thinking to go back to Asia at some point, but I expect there will be fear and struggle to actually buy the plane ticket (if I do at all).

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1