Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of mother and step mother

Marley Avery

• Members

I’m new here and honestly have never done this before but I’ve been so depressed lately, I need guidance on how to deal with my grief my mom passed away when I was 13, my step mom passed away when I was 21, I thought from losing my mom at a young age losing my stepmom wouldn’t affect me as much as it actually has and all I do is hurt my heart just hurts, i hurt for my siblings, I hurt for my daughter who will never really know the love of her grandmas, I feel so alone without them and I don’t know what to do anymore I’m trying to stay strong for my family, but I’m just tired, I don’t want to lose myself because I can’t handle my grief.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Marley,

Your feelings make complete sense. It is very difficult to lose your mom and stepmom. We all long for our parents to be with us and to celebrate more milestones together.

I hope you can find the right support and feel heard and understood. For myself, I found a lot of support through grief counselling, grief support group and joining a MeetUp group. These websites are also very helpful

Grief in Common

Grief Share

What's Your Grief

Thinking of you. x 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Mollycupcake

I am so sorry for your loss, and wanted to echo what the user above said. These support groups have been really powerful ways to feel more connected to others with similar loss. I found that often the other members would share something that helped me feel validated or help me come up with new perspectives.

Sending you kindness and strength in your journey.