Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The 5th of every month.

Lost7

• Members

My heart goes out to you. These are significant, meaningful numbers to us as they mark the end of another month we've lived with their absence. Mine is the 23rd. I feel the anxiety building the day before because I just don't want to see the reality of another month gone by without him. 

• Like 2

• Members

Lost 7 - I prayed for you Lost 7....I am getting close to that number (11) for the first time....and I dread it....I am in deep sorrow now...today...everyday....and it is really hard to find reasons to go on......but the Lord does have His reasons for our Love leaving...and for us staying behind,....until He calls us too.  But for today....be strong....give your love to the Lord, to your husband, your son and daughter in law....and to your grandchild....Keep loving....I will do the same with my buddy who has invited me to go eat.....God bless!! We are here thinking about you today...lifting you up to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...who has complete control over all things!!

• Like 1

• Members

@Lost7 my heart goes out to you.  My husband passed away on Labor day.  Wednesday,  September 7, it will be 2 years since the love of my life died.  I will be praying for you.   

• Like 2

• Members

April

I am so sorry for your pain. I will be lifting you up. I care for you we will get through this maybe not without some deep scars. Somehow you've made it two years keep going!

Lost7 

• Like 3

• Members

I'm so sorry. I can relate. My husband had a catastrophic accident on April 15, 2020; I took him off life support April 23, and he died April 25. Those 3 dates hit hard every month for the first year. The intensity lessened as time went on. I'm sure the intensity will lessen for you in time too. All you can do is be kind to yourself, give yourself permission to say no and be alone if that is what you need, and feel what you feel. I know it's brutal. 

• Like 1

• Members

@SDC I can relate.  I had to take my husband off life support.   But that's not living being hooked up to machines.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Lost7 said:

Today September 5th I know it's Labor Day but it's also mark's the day that my husband died January 5th 2022.

This was posted after I'd been here, thinking of you and hoping your day went okay in spite of it being the 5th....nine months out...

I'm glad you had a lot of support here, people here are wonderful.  (((hugs)))

16 hours ago, April Ballou said:

@SDC I can relate.  I had to take my husband off life support.   But that's not living being hooked up to machines.  

No, it isn't.  I'm sure your husband was grateful you did.  If only they could tell us...