Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

9/11 siblings

zelmoid

• Members

I just stumbled onto this site, thought I would give it a try. My only brother was killed in the North Tower on 9/11 he was 36. In the last 10 years not much has changed for me. I feel very isolated and constantly feel his absence. I feel the pain of missing him all the time, he was my only brother. I have dreams all the time about what happened to him on that day. There seems that there are are not many people that I can reach out to I was hoping this place would be of some help? Thanks in advance Barry.

• Members

I just stumbled onto this site, thought I would give it a try. My only brother was killed in the North Tower on 9/11 he was 36. In the last 10 years not much has changed for me. I feel very isolated and constantly feel his absence. I feel the pain of missing him all the time, he was my only brother. I have dreams all the time about what happened to him on that day. There seems that there are are not many people that I can reach out to I was hoping this place would be of some help? Thanks in advance Barry.

Barry,

I am very sorry I did not see this post when you first posted it; I don't know how I missed it. I am sorry about your brother. Losing him in such a horrific situation certainly left you traumatized. After ten years, you should be able to move on without feeling the constant pain like it just happened.

Have you gone to counseling? Do you talk to anyone about your feelings? How often do you dream of what happened to him? It sounds as though you may be experiencing some type of post traumatic stress disorder, although I am not a therapist or clinical pyschologist and not qualified to say one way or another.

No matter what, however, we can offer you support and encouragement and an ear to listen if you want to tell us all about your brother, your relationship with him, and your life since that horrible event. We can be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi Barry.

My brother was also killed on 9/11. He was on the 105th floor Tower 1.

He would have been 56 yesterday! We celebrated his birthday.

I think about him and am still greiving. Don't let anyone tell you that you should be moving on!!! The pain never goes away!!! and

you never ever get over it! You just learn to live with it. I also dream of my brother....but not the awful way he died, but almost like he is still with me in my dreams.

Hopefully your dreams will turn around and have happier thoughts about him.

God Bless you.....Sweet Dreams!!

• Members

I am very sorry for your loss and honor your brother and you as patriots. I hurt from my personal grief, and cannot imagine how devastating it would be to lose a brother, a young brother with a family probably, in such a tragic and sudden way. I am here to listen and you can share your thoughts and perhaps you will find some strength in other peoples experiences. Grief is a difficult thing to deal with, and everyone does it in their own way. And I agree with the person that said (here in a reply to you) that you may never get over the loss of your brother, you just have to learn to live with it, which, obviously you have. In your case, when you grieve, the free world grieves with you. Sincerely--GG

Archived