Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My last duty?

William M

• Moderators

I hope this brings you what you need, finally to get the headstone placed!  Thinking of you as you're doing this.

• Members

Thanks Kay,

I deed is done. I'm thankful it all went very well.   Everything came as I had ordered and had wanted. It all looks very nice, The workers were very nice and did a great job. The memorial had an extended, wide base base to accommodate two large granite vases. One on each side. I'm so happy that I now have a very nice secure way to leave flowers. It have been somewhat of a nightmare leaving flowers in makeshift  vase spikes that soon fall over or blow away after a storm. :mad:

I know many here have gone the modern cremation route.  My family still holds to the tradition of burial.  I know it was what she wanted.  She is there with both my Grandparents that she loved very much as her own. I to wanted it. It's nice to have a place to visit on Holidays, birthdays, and adversaries, to talk to her and bring flowers as I did in the past. The main reason, is I just wanted something of permanence that will outlast me, and that will say she existed, and I loved her, and this is her name!!!!!!!

I'm sure many would take pause, but I have decided keep a theme going for her throughout  the seasons at her resting place. I'm going back this weekend for the "summer" theme. Bright yellow and blue flowers on each side in the new vases.  A couple of her large ceramic frogs flanking the headstone, a small stone with "puppy" paw prints, and a couple large fabric pinwheels I found to catch the summer breeze for her. I'll keep that all looking nice until after thanksgiving, for the Christmas theme.  I'm somewhat embarrassed  to tell you what I have planned for that. :rolleyes:

• Like 3