Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Goodbye Skunk I miss you so much

KarenWinston

• Members
KarenWinston

My heart is broken. I found out Skunk was dead today. 
He ran out last week. He was an indoor cat but constantly wanted outside, it was a constant battle: feeding him his favourite soft food to distract him when I needed to leave the house, hearing him meow at the doors and windows to go out, locking him the basement if I needed to keep the door open to haul groceries in. 
I looked everywhere for him, put up signs. A lady called to tell me she saw my sign and found a dead cat in her yard. It was my beautiful boy, 2 blocks away. Likely hit by a car, and he was laying near a fence that looked like mine. He was probably trying to come home. I’m devastated that he died alone, hurt, and scared. 
I had him since he was a kitten: so full of life, he loved me unconditionally, never got cat attitude or mad (no matter how many kisses I gave him). I should have searched harder. I should have been there so he didn’t die alone. He died way too young. 
Many people don’t understand the grief you feel “it’s only a cat”. He was my son, my family, my constant companion. 
I will never forget you. 
Please be in cat heaven. 
3AF1F1E4-5C9E-4A27-89A3-BBA85B6EEF80.jpeg.12fc2fd9bec8384d3e2d672fa253fdf4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Angel Wings 1

• Members
Eternalsoul

He's in Heaven for sure. He is black like my angel who went to Heaven in February. I miss her everyday. He is beautiful and his soul lives on in Heaven. 

• Like 1

• Members
CharliesM0m2012

I am so sorry for the loss of your cat; I have been through pet loss this year so I know how hard the days are.

Charlie my Patterdale x Jack Russell would be ten years old today, however, she developed a rare and aggressive blood cancer that ended up overwhelming her spleen and she died on 30 Apr this year aged 9.  Charlie and I did everything together + were joined at the hip so I have had to learn to adapt to doing things without her and it has been the worst year of my life.  I miss the companionship of my little female dog every minute of every day.   She had the most amazing black hair too.

F90F0DCA-28D6-4C83-8901-B71062469D12.jpeg

• Like 1

• Members
On 7/30/2022 at 4:30 PM, Eternalsoul said:

He's in Heaven for sure. He is black like my angel who went to Heaven in February. I miss her everyday. He is beautiful and his soul lives on in Heaven. 

Absolutely!  There are many things about which I am skeptical and some things I do not believe, but I have 100% faith that all animals go to heaven.  It's probably not how we envision it with our limited human brains, but it exists.  I hold onto my faith that our most precious Charlie and Penny were there waiting to greet my beloved husband John in joyous reunion.  Some day, when it's my time, I hope all three will be there to greet me with loving hearts and open arms (and paws).

@KarenWinston  I'm so very sorry you lost your beautiful Skunk.  It's very typical to be asking the "Why...?" questions and doubting yourself with the "should" and "shouldn't" thoughts.  Because we're the ones left here on earth, we naturally tend to blame ourselves at first.  We are desperate for a different outcome and so we point at our reflection in the mirror and say, "You're to blame."  The thing is that feeling guilt or remorse doesn't mean we are guilty.  Feelings are not facts (I think that's the way Kay puts it), but it can take time to truly believe that.

Rest assured that Skunk is strong and healthy again. I believe the Rainbow Bridge exists and that our beloved friends are there.  I also believe that they forgive us instantly for our faults or imperfections.  It seems to me that they give us the grace of pure love forever as a glimpse of heaven and to help us become better humans.  It's clear that you love Skunk with all your heart.  That's what matters.

Here are a couple of graphics that find apropos.

Animals in heaven.jpg

Dogs and heaven.jpg

• Like 2

• Members
KarenWinston
14 hours ago, CharliesM0m2012 said:

I am so sorry for the loss of your cat; I have been through pet loss this year so I know how hard the days are.

Charlie my Patterdale x Jack Russell would be ten years old today, however, she developed a rare and aggressive blood cancer that ended up overwhelming her spleen and she died on 30 Apr this year aged 9.  Charlie and I did everything together + were joined at the hip so I have had to learn to adapt to doing things without her and it has been the worst year of my life.  I miss the companionship of my little female dog every minute of every day.   She had the most amazing black hair too.

F90F0DCA-28D6-4C83-8901-B71062469D12.jpeg

Your Charlie was a beautiful girl. It’s so hard to imagine life without our babies. They bring so much joy. 

@foreverhis Beautifully said and thank you with all my heart. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1