Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Birthday without Mama

Zee87

• Members

It's my birthday on the 20th and another birthday without mama. She passed away last September and my birthday was very hard. She would call me at midnight and talk to me. The best birthday gift would be to hear her laugh again, feel her warmness, and have her hold me just one more time. I have been doing a lot better, I guess time does heal. Today I am back at the house and it has been very hard coming home. Honestly, I have been avoiding coming home, I don't know how my dad does it, being here every day and feeling the emptiness. We still haven't cleaned out her closet, just can't find the strength to do it. Loosing her has changed so much in my life. Birthdays, holidays, and other things are not the same anymore. I asked her before she died, how will I make it without her and she told me to be strong and that life moves on. I try to surround myself around people that make me laugh and happy, and do things I enjoy. Life is too short, make the best out of it and love the people in your life sincerely.

• Members

It's my birthday on the 20th and another birthday without mama. She passed away last September and my birthday was very hard. She would call me at midnight and talk to me. The best birthday gift would be to hear her laugh again, feel her warmness, and have her hold me just one more time. I have been doing a lot better, I guess time does heal. Today I am back at the house and it has been very hard coming home. Honestly, I have been avoiding coming home, I don't know how my dad does it, being here every day and feeling the emptiness. We still haven't cleaned out her closet, just can't find the strength to do it. Loosing her has changed so much in my life. Birthdays, holidays, and other things are not the same anymore. I asked her before she died, how will I make it without her and she told me to be strong and that life moves on. I try to surround myself around people that make me laugh and happy, and do things I enjoy. Life is too short, make the best out of it and love the people in your life sincerely.

Zee,

I can certainly relate to that. It was hard for me to go home after my father died, because I expected to see him sitting in his chair or in his room looking through the coupons. Yes, the loss of your mom has changed special events, but you can start your own traditions with your dad or friends that will soon become comfortable and feel good. It is going to take time, but you sound like you are doing okay with all of this. How is your dad doing? Have you asked him? We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived