Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing my Mother is the hardest thing in my life I've gone through.

DavidErvin

• Members

Hello everyone I'm so excited to join this forum and express my deepest and most painful experience of losing my Mother. I am a Christian and my Mother was devoted to God as a Christian. She taught her children to love God and each other. So my faith is still in my soul, but losing Mom tested my faith and I've been struggling everyday to gain more faith. The depression comes and goes the feeling of missing mom is always present and the reality hits like a ton of tnt. I only wanted to see who else out there can relate and hopefully we could help each other cope more easily. I definitely need a friend. So I just want to ask one question. To those who have lost a loved one. How do you cope? It's been almost one year since I e lost Mother and it feels like new many times throughout the months. Please comment and share. Thank you!

• Members

Dear David,

I am sorry for your loss. I found this article that I hope will be helpful.

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/grief/coping-with-grief-and-loss.htm

How to deal with the grieving process

While grieving a loss is an inevitable part of life, there are ways to help cope with the pain, come to terms with your grief, and eventually, find a way to pick up the pieces and move on with your life.

1. Acknowledge your pain.
  2. Accept that grief can trigger many different and unexpected emotions.
  3. Understand that your grieving process will be unique to you.
  4. Seek out face-to-face support from people who care about you.
  5. Support yourself emotionally by taking care of yourself physically.
  6. Recognize the difference between grief and depression
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Elizabeth D.

I lost my mom this passed April. It hurts so badly sometimes and I am just so sad and depressed I will never get to talk to her again. She was like my best friend we would spend hours on the phone talking and it hurts so much I will never have that with her again. I haven't found a way yet to cope with the loss.

• Members

I just lost my mom Saturday night. These last couple days have been the worst in my life. It just doesn’t feel right that she is no longer here. It hurts so much and I breakdown randomly throughout the day. I tell myself she is no longer suffering and her illness is gone, but I keep replaying that moment in my head Over and over again. 

• Members
On 7/26/2022 at 9:07 PM, DavidErvin said:

Hello everyone I'm so excited to join this forum and express my deepest and most painful experience of losing my Mother. I am a Christian and my Mother was devoted to God as a Christian. She taught her children to love God and each other. So my faith is still in my soul, but losing Mom tested my faith and I've been struggling everyday to gain more faith. The depression comes and goes the feeling of missing mom is always present and the reality hits like a ton of tnt. I only wanted to see who else out there can relate and hopefully we could help each other cope more easily. I definitely need a friend. So I just want to ask one question. To those who have lost a loved one. How do you cope? It's been almost one year since I e lost Mother and it feels like new many times throughout the months. Please comment and share. Thank you!

Hi David, 

The title of your post struck me because it's how I and many others feel too. My mom passed away September 2nd, 2019. 

An estrangement with a sibling and then months later, a pandemic, really complicated my grief response. It took me a long time to even cry properly, or rather, the way I needed to. I really feel it's the most difficult loss in my life as well.

I'm glad that your faith is so strong and even though it's been tested, you still have that foundation that your mom gave you. 

No one gives us a manual at the start of our life saying "Welcome to the world, and by the way, people you love are gonna die so here's what to do." I wish there was one though!

We are alone in our individual grief. We may have others sharing the same loss of the same person, but ultimately they will have a different experience than you. It's a solitary journey but thankfully we can share our experience of it with others, like members here. 

I hope you find comfort and I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. 

• Like 1