Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Struggling After Loss Of Mom

Charles30cents

• Members
Charles30cents

Hello, my name is Charles. I got covid in late 2020 and it affected my struggle with depression and anxiety quite a bit. In the middle of all that, I lost my Mom to covid on December 2, 2021. She had been fighting to get better the previous 2 weeks to her passing and the first time I was able to go in and see her she was a few hours from death and on machines so she was non responsive. I was there when she passed away. I have been in a depression about it ever since as it also has affected my anxiety as well. My therapist suggested this site.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Charles,

I am deeply sorry for your loss. Please know this is a safe place to share your feelings and you are not alone. It's very hard to lose a beloved parent. Keep taking it day by day. And know that you have our support and understanding here.

• Members
Elizabeth D.

So sorry for your loss. I lost my mom in April 2022 and the pain and depression is sometimes unbearable. We are here for you if you need to talk about it 

• Members
Charles30cents

Thank you. Yesterday was my birthday and my Mom always sent a card and phoned. It was depressing without those things happening. It is still an open wound I wished I would get a phone call from an unknown caller and it would be her spirit on the other end. 

• Hugs 2

• Members

Dear Charles,

It is deeply painful not having those cards and phone calls from our parents. I don't know what your beliefs are but maybe the universe will send you a sign. After my dad passed away, I got a text from a wrong number on my cell it said "I love you." I wanted so much to believe it was a sign from my dad.

I know it's not the same thing but sending you belated birthday wishes. We are here with you.

• Members

Happy belated birthday. My mother passed over the weekend. Most difficult time I have ever had in my life. Feels like I woke up in an alternate universe. I Know each day will get a little better, but can’t fathom those special days and her not being here.